Ranking
Original Post
[Request] aikidio and aikidobigdojo variants
I think this would be pretty easy but i haven't seen it yet.

I would like somebody to make two mods exactly like aikido.tbm and aikidobigdojo.tbm.

The only difference is that a player is allowed to touch the floor with his elbows, knees, triceps, shins, and ankle along with the original hands, wrists and feet.

Essentially this will make in-dojo dqs much more difficult but allows a player to fight off their knees and elbows.

My Aikido Team would benefit from this greatly, thank you.
-----
Also can we name this variants octaikido.tbm and octaikidobigdojo.tbm.

The "oct" refers to the 8 points of contact with the dojo floor (2 hands, 2 elbows, 2 knees, 2 feet).
Last edited by footlox; Sep 23, 2016 at 11:12 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Leader of the Spyder House
Toribash Martial Artists
Hi, tried to work it out with flags, turn out they dont go well with joints, so I could only do it with a trigger plate below ground.

Only did it on aikido, tell me if you're pleased with it (if you dont find any bugs) and ill make the final version with the proper name and transfer it to abd too. Would you like me to change the color of the joint that dq? Or implement anything else?

Click me
Looks great!
Me and crow tested it thoroughly.

Everything looks good from shins to triceps!
It's too bad you can't get that satisfying dq ring in dojo but still its a great mod.

I can't wait for the big dojo. Thank you.

Heres some replays of our results.
Toribash Martial Artists
I've been thinking about this for a couple of weeks but never knew you could request it (if possible).
Just an idea (dont know how possible it is), what if points were allocated towards bringing your opponebt to the ground. (i.e. Throw may not land on head/shoulders (IPPON) but if they land on side/hand/knees etc. they could be allocated with points to represent a yuko or wzari).
Just a thought I had
Dashsora don't listen to them this mod will be perfect.
-----
Originally Posted by MikeHoy View Post
I've been thinking about this for a couple of weeks but never knew you could request it (if possible).
Just an idea (dont know how possible it is), what if points were allocated towards bringing your opponebt to the ground. (i.e. Throw may not land on head/shoulders (IPPON) but if they land on side/hand/knees etc. they could be allocated with points to represent a yuko or wzari).
Just a thought I had

Iver created a realistic judo mod u should look into it.
-----
Originally Posted by Rouxster View Post
no elbow dqs would make tripods OP af

Yes finishing an opponent will be more difficult which is what i want because it requires more ground-based grappling skill. it also make's ground n pound more useful. if you can't finish a downed opponent just start throwing elbows.
Last edited by footlox; Sep 28, 2016 at 02:35 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Toribash Martial Artists
Originally Posted by Aquita View Post
Me and crow tested it thoroughly.

Everything looks good from shins to triceps!
It's too bad you can't get that satisfying dq ring in dojo but still its a great mod.

I can't wait for the big dojo. Thank you.

Heres some replays of our results.

Yeah that's the reason I tried with flags first, to keep the ring.

I can make the floor/the dq'd body part light up in a colour if you want, to compensate?

If not, Ill just do the abd one max by tomorrow

Originally Posted by MikeHoy View Post
Just a thought I had

If you got a request, you can pm me or post it on my modthread

Not sure I follow you fully tho, you'd like points allocated according to which body parts touch the ground? If so, I don't think that's really possible. Maybe with the new hardness parameter in 5.01 i'd be able to work a ground that damages you as long as you touch it? (Not sure cuz it needs to be non static to register points) But even if that worked, I don't think it'd take in consideration the scoring parameter of each body parts. I'll look around a little !
Last edited by DashSora; Sep 28, 2016 at 07:33 PM.
Originally Posted by DashSora View Post
Yeah that's the reason I tried with flags first, to keep the ring.

I can make the floor/the dq'd body part light up in a colour if you want, to compensate?

If not, Ill just do the abd one max by tomorrow

Just the big dojo version will be fine. The light up body part is not neccessary, I'd rather keep it similar to traditional aikido. Thank you dash.
Toribash Martial Artists