Toribash
Original Post
fl0w Anniversary 2020!!!!!!
Gorgeous fl0wers!
Our clan has been alive for 9 years! Incredble

Let's take this moment to celebrate and share memories of our clan. I'm quite sentimental, but please share whatever memory you like, no matter how small or large, serious or silly it is. <3

To me, fl0w has always been more than a clan, but a home and a family.
So many of our members are important to me, so many members and leaders have had a huge influence on not only us, but the Toribash community. I'm deeply grateful for you all. To our members, our leaders, and absolutely I am grateful for our founders!

But I think one person in particular is responsible for our continued existence.
In light of that, I'd like to use my time to talk about our beloved leader:
Kane.
16 months ago, fl0w was dying.
Almost single-handedly, Kane revived and lead our clan from the brink of death. There were many, many members involved in this resurgence, but Kane took the clan on his shoulders, and pushed us through into the new decade! He has always been here for us, working in the best interest of the clan and the game.

Since then, not only did he bring our clan back to life, not only did he make our clan one of the most active in the game, not only did he lead our non-competitive clan to 3rd place in CL19, not only is he a perfect example of the grace at the heart of what it means to be a fl0wer, he also implemented and popularised a new game-style that our members imagined many years ago: the winpoint system. With the success of his tournament, Endurance Onslaught, the rule-set even got coded into the game.

Right now, he is even planning what is likely to be the last ever big Wushu focused event. Go donate!
Here's to fl0ws continued activity into TBN, and to Kane!! may we thrive through to the next decade!!
-----
Also, it's Kane's birthday on the 15th, I believe. Go ahead and donate to him for Wushu EO ; )
fl0rime
Last edited by DrGonz; Feb 12, 2020 at 06:50 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
You are making me blush Drgonz,lol.

Thank you for your kind words tho!

I am glad i was able to keep the clan going and even letting it thrive.Sometimes it was "real work" and sometimes i thought "omg,what have i gotten myself into" but it was all worth it and overall a lot of fun and also a real,fresh experience for me.

Most of you know that im one of the older players in tb and that Toribash is practically the only game i still play , and its the only game ever in which i joined a clan.So this whole internetgame clanthing was new to me before tb.It was a real ride tho.

And , yes , i am also happy that the winpoint actually got coded into Toribash, a real new gameplayfeature,the first in many years ,which ,if gotten coded into tb years ago, could have changed a few things in my opinion.But there is no use in thinking"what could have been".
I would wish for more advertisment from staff towards this new feature tho because i know there are many,longtime and active,players who havent even heard of it .There isnt even a public room which uses the feature,apart from our static room which is no "real" public room".I know there is always the complaint that "matches take too long of a time with it" but i am sure it would attract some players and tbh, in a game in which people spend hours and hours to make replays and spars there will be people who will spend 5-10 minutes for a good match.Thats a staffdecison tho and im not staff, maybe i should bug them more about it tho.

I will think off some more anecdotes for this thread,but now i want to pay my respects for the founder and members of fl0w which came before me.I did built up upon what they left me and even my desicion to push the winpoint update personnally was because i knew it was possible because snake and deprav proved it many years ago with the pointthresholdupdate, a feature which is also heavily underused imo tho.

I want to do a shoutout for our clanleague 2019 team!drgonz,dashier ,blueevil ,2rud ,pavor ,insanity ,smogard49 ,yuensiu ,iprime ,deminik ,william ,timmyboyg ,smaiva ,thanatos!As drgonz mentioned,despite we really are not a competitive clan that cl was amazing.

And also i want to thank Drgonz here personally for picking up the torch of leadership of [fl0w] and continuing with the tradition since i wanted to take a step back from leadership activities.

I could write more and i could mention more members but for now let me just say i love u guys and gals and wish everyone of you the best in your lifes!

fl0w 2020

Lets keep going for many years to come!
Last edited by Kane; Feb 12, 2020 at 08:19 PM.
Can't even believe it we are 9 years^^
started mainly in wushu and found new mods through times
thanks for all the upcoming ggs
Enjoint life
Happy birthday fl0w and kane! <3

Cheers to all the amazing years we spent here.
Your messed up world enthrills me
Congrats u guys. Glad to see your still active.
[RelaxAll]Nikelaos:Kickass is chained to this clan with indestructible shackles, his balls are also superglued to the chair.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]