ES Recruitment Drive
Originally Posted by TheHybrids View Post
Hey, so when we get official, are we gonna launch a video of some sick replays or something? A way to feature all the founding members? xD I almost feel like we have to herald it with something.

Love the idea! Anyone here good at video editing?
It's me, the one who stole your sandwich!

Ps. Elmindreda is kinda cute tho :o
haha get rekt typh~min
EliZ: I have a crippling sugar addiction | Elmindreda: eli do be kinda cute tho, hmu sometimes | Typh: Splish splash Aeon is big trash.
Lmao remember when your clan died and since you couldn't get a season two you just redid the same adventure xdddd. SAO got more seasons but you guys just did a firefly.
Lmao whos aeon???| bro I haven't been here in a while.. what's poppin gang - Typh
I will always be proud of how far we got with Boxshu United. Ty all for a wonderful time!~ EliZ
Originally Posted by EliZ View Post
Love the idea! Anyone here good at video editing?

Yup, I've got some background in it!
https://prnt.sc/10jedlp

If I were to be collecting a bunch of replays from others though, I might need some help operating the camera for good angles at first, but I'd be able to string together plenty of clips. What would be a good duration — like a minute?
Originally Posted by TheHybrids View Post
Yup, I've got some background in it!
https://prnt.sc/10jedlp

If I were to be collecting a bunch of replays from others though, I might need some help operating the camera for good angles at first, but I'd be able to string together plenty of clips. What would be a good duration — like a minute?

Duration's gonna have to come down to how many replays we manage to throw together, we will also have to decide on if we want spar replays or boxshu game replays, camera angles I'l try and check out, no promises on how well its gonna go tho. Unless you are asking if each replay is gonna be a minute each.

haha get rekt typh~min
EliZ: I have a crippling sugar addiction | Elmindreda: eli do be kinda cute tho, hmu sometimes | Typh: Splish splash Aeon is big trash.
Lmao remember when your clan died and since you couldn't get a season two you just redid the same adventure xdddd. SAO got more seasons but you guys just did a firefly.
Lmao whos aeon???| bro I haven't been here in a while.. what's poppin gang - Typh
I will always be proud of how far we got with Boxshu United. Ty all for a wonderful time!~ EliZ
Originally Posted by EliZ View Post
Duration's gonna have to come down to how many replays we manage to throw together, we will also have to decide on if we want spar replays or boxshu game replays, camera angles I'l try and check out, no promises on how well its gonna go tho. Unless you are asking if each replay is gonna be a minute each.

I think short and quick cuts of the best moments from each replay is the way to go for a cool montage feature video. This way we can include a good amount of replays of various players. Also, a cool background music would be nice. xd
Originally Posted by Sereinity View Post
Whats better, Killer Bean or Star Trek?

Star Trek

Originally Posted by XGESKYX View Post
I think short and quick cuts of the best moments from each replay is the way to go for a cool montage feature video. This way we can include a good amount of replays of various players. Also, a cool background music would be nice. xd

Yeah I think that would be best, I feel like a minute video time would be pretty short then in that case, I have a few longer ones I could throw in there, but I don't want myself to be the "highlight" so to say, show you all off as much as possible too.

Speaking of which, if anyone here wants to make a replay or just train for the video, hit me up.

haha get rekt typh~min
We can maybe think about longer replay showcases in the future - I’d be happy to put together those too!

A minute-long video to be on our introductory/front page thread would probably be a good length to not bore folks. We may want to focus on Boxshu-only for this shorter one so we can do more cuts to more players, focus some on openers, ceiling and wall launches early on, then show more high-impact hits one after another.
Sparring would probably be ideal for a longer montage though! More technical and extended replays.

I can take some music suggestions for the coming days and put together a little concept tonight of a one-minute sequence and audio track.
Then I wonder, keep the replays to actual gameplay or make some boxshu/spar hybrid replays, I'm up for both but we should stick with one so we all have "similar" replay types.On one hand having actual gameplay replays could show off the skill of the members for those who want that but on the other, making replays could be a good community project.

And on music: anything chillstep related I think would fit in real well with the vibe of the clan, but if anyone got anything else on their mind feel free to mention it.

haha get rekt typh~min
Yeah, considering we are called boxshu it'd probly be cool to have boxshu replays, we could go old-school onsola style and use house music though :eyes:
Hey guys!

So I cobbled together two examples of how the clan introduction video would go.

The first one is the 60-second idea I was thinking of and it's a little more intense but quicker, but when EliZ said chillstep I tried to find a good track for that too — it wound up being 90 seconds and that comes after.

There's not much besides a few poorly produced and chosen replays I've supplied, but I added numbers so like, when we eventually settle on a track and the intro and outro, members can volunteer where they'd like to go and we can have a consistent sequence for everything. There can still be doubling-up/extended slides, I'm pretty sure.

If someone else wants to gather the replays and record for the best angles, feel free! I think I need some practice manipulating the camera since it'll be my first foray into recording a compilation, but as long as the replay speeds don't keep wigging out at me, things should be alright.