Ranking
I've never taken time off as a result of quarrels from a ragdoll community. Nowadays that seems to drive towards plenty of vacation from bans. The primary reason keeping me away from Toribash is a combination between personal interest and unwelcome nostalgia. Many people have cited work and school as motivators for staying away, and I am very much in the same position. However from a personal standpoint a lot more pushes me away from returning to Toribash for too long. This is not my first account, and I have been on-off for well over a decade. It's a tad odd to draw so many connections to a game under a rock but Toribash has been a component for almost half my life. I'm over 20 and the people I have met on here since before I was 10 have played a crucial role in helping me reflect and grow as a person. Unfortunately many of those individuals have vacated the community for many years; which is a factor that has made me take long breaks. With regards to these members, there are 2 main principles that serve as prime mitigators for maintaining activity. First, I've lost contact with many friends that I made in my early Toribash years - from the first clan members to just familiar names that I see in public lobbies. Skype was used for plenty of groups back in the day, however Skype only saves these groups for so long. I am unable to reestablish contact and have no capacity to try and find someone by username alone. There was a time when not everyone knowing each other on a first-name basis. And secondly, the small handful that I have gotten to know personally have only shrunken over the years. It's eye-opening to be messaging and calling someone so regularly for so long only to have them log off one day and not come back. For awhile I was frustrated with this - before I investigated further. One of the best friends I have made on here passed away. As did two of my early clanmates. Every now and then it is fun to come back, but it's not good for me to stay as my mental state really starts to diminish. Self-care, you know?

Also there are plenty of games that are much more inviting and engaging.
Last edited by visceral; Dec 1, 2020 at 09:33 AM.
You have to wonder how many people you knew in this game, close or in passing, are dead now. Those specific users that always showed up in a public lobby same time as you and built a bond with, maybe you even made a clan with some of them. For me, their last activity ranged from 2014 to 2017 and if you never bothered to keep in touch outside the forums what's the difference between dead and missing anyways? I'll never know the difference.

People you knew during your most formative years and probably shaped your future in subtle and not-so-subtle ways all gone so you gotta ask yourself what is the point in coming back? For those who've grown out of the actual gameplay I don't there is.
<BISH> kick chan my modes are moving on their own~
<Shook> FLAGGOTS
Originally Posted by skizz View Post
ormo is also a group of hipsters who think naming a replay “super bubblegum starfish prancer mega deathlazer” and then replayhacking so that ur tori explodes at the end of a replay is the coolest thing ever

demon and hypez were pretty much the only people on earth to do this

i dont think theyre in ormo
Originally Posted by tabby View Post
demon and hypez were pretty much the only people on earth to do this

i dont think theyre in ormo

using the stock replay folder as reference here is a list of people other than hypez or demon that ever did that who happen to be in ormo:

thiggist
millie
fudgiebalz
internet
millie
jisse
swexx
mack

i said millie twice because her replay names especially tickle my pickle
Last edited by skizz; Dec 2, 2020 at 03:44 AM. Reason: lol
Originally Posted by Maya View Post
orko is actually called millie and she uses she/her btw

i mean i hardly am up to date on anything last time i was here orko was orko and odlov was still playing

edited the post
Originally Posted by skizz View Post
using the stock replay folder as reference here is a list of people other than hypez or demon that ever did that who happen to be in ormo:

thiggist
millie
fudgiebalz
internet
millie
jisse
swexx
mack

i said millie twice because her replay names especially tickle my pickle

god bro ur stalking the WHAT MADE YOU STOP PLAYING TORIBASH thread why don't you quit already
I for one think overly long replay names are stupid. Furthermore, Dscigs and thiggist did the whole tori exploding at the end. Dscigs gets a pass though cause it was right after he shredded uke's entire body from neck to knee.

Carousel by bisonic is still the best default replay, that is all.
<BISH> kick chan my modes are moving on their own~
<Shook> FLAGGOTS
whats your criteria for this little list you have here? what users had dumb names and what users also exploded themselves/uke at the end?

thiggist did both in stock
millie did both in stock
fudgiebalz i dont remember a replay with a long dumb name or explosion at end
internet i dont know of any internet stock replay other than fastforward, and that's an extremely normal replay
millie lol
jisse dont recall but jisse does replay hacking so i dont doubt it
swexx dont recall
mack shrug
-----
optical illusions is fuckin sick dude

what have i become is the best stock replay
Last edited by tabby; Dec 2, 2020 at 05:55 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Larfen's "what have I become" will always be the best replay, thats peak toribash
Pois nasci nunca vi amor
E ouço del sempre falar
Originally Posted by tabby View Post
god bro ur stalking the WHAT MADE YOU STOP PLAYING TORIBASH thread why don't you quit already

i literally said i haven't stopped playing yet and i dont plan on stopping can u read moron?