Ranking
Original Post
Bosses and their bitches
In most games we sometimes come across a boss who's too much of a wimp to fight on his own. They summon a pack of mini bosses/goons to aid them in the fight. What's your usual point of strategy? Aim straight for the boss or take out all of the henchmen first?
>>The Official Guv'na Fan Club<<
o7[OLDA] pride, world wide o7

He who was the butt of the joke reserves no right to say "that wasn't funny."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Shoot the boss while sidestep + rotation dodge the henchmen attacks.
Centuries Of Damn
Depends on the strength of the henchmen.

If they're weaklings that wont really affect me while I'm fighting the boss I'd probably go after the boss. If they're something that will affect me and possibly screw me up I'll go after them first.
FUCKING MAGNETS EVERYWHERE IN THIS BITCH
Originally Posted by randomguy8 View Post
Depends on the strength of the henchmen.

If they're weaklings that wont really affect me while I'm fighting the boss I'd probably go after the boss. If they're something that will affect me and possibly screw me up I'll go after them first.

In that situation, I sometimes clear the henchmen first, since they'll be out of my hair quickly; Unless they respawn, then I can't be bothered.
There are a shitload of variables to this scenario to discuss.
Last edited by Guv_na; Feb 6, 2010 at 10:13 PM.
>>The Official Guv'na Fan Club<<
o7[OLDA] pride, world wide o7

He who was the butt of the joke reserves no right to say "that wasn't funny."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For me, if the henchmen die when the boss dies, in that case I would have my fun with them before I knock off the big one (like doing these expensive special moves etc.). Except the boss almost kills me with one hit, then I take the boss first plus the henchmen which are stepping in my way.
Last edited by Fura; Feb 5, 2010 at 09:03 PM.
KiTFoX: "COMPLETELY DISREGARD EVERYTHING I SAID. I SUCK COPIOUS AMOUNTS OF COCK."

Fura: What can I say? The pure definition of cool <3 ~BirdFlu

<RedDevil> Is it strange that Fura is the only regular Wibbler I like
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ⓄⓁⒹⒶ ⓋⒾⒷⒺ ⒶⓁⒶⓃ ⒷⒾⓈⒽ
Ohey look over there, a dancing dinosaur. :D
hanz0: The betting bot isn't programmed to scam anyone.

Fee: Fura you are fucking awesome.
Lavos Core was so cruel with his henchmen, damnit. I still haven't beat that mob.

Chrono Trigger of course.
I has mad finger skills!
Property of [Discount_Death] 2nd Black
Those aren't really henchmen, just three elements of Lavos. One dude (err... giant spiky world-destroying thingy), three parts.
Proud leader of [Renegade].
Project Snowblind (old game, yes)--the general dude. He sends in spiders and bots, and in this case, I would say just shoot the henchmen first.
But, with all the types of games out there, there are probably as many FAQs and walkthroughs that tell you the best way to handle it.
I DID SIR
HE'S MY COUSIN
Henchman first, even more so if your playing on the highest difficulty.
Otherwise they will be to much of a pain in the ass and kill you before you can even touch the boss.
Fr3styL . Improving by Improvising
I'm an artist.
And unless I'm mistaken, don't they make games where you can actually use the henchmen to defeat the boss himself?
I DID SIR
HE'S MY COUSIN