Ranking
A pro.

Good grammar, decent in-game skills, respectable manners and charisma.
Dose is dead.
Pro=People Who respect me for disagreeing with them and They fight good.
Newb=New to the game.
Noob=a Childish Person,Who has talent but doesn't use it.
Forum-wise, you can tell a person's standing in the community simply by the way they talk. New people tend to have the worse grammar and people who have been here for only one or two years are either piss scared of the staff or extremely hostile. When a person can talk to me and be chilled without thinking I'm either an evil dictator or Gandhi, they are pro enough.
<&Fish>: did you just infract the toribot?
<&Fish>: you're fired
<JSnuffMARS> sounds like a drug-addiction or mastu(I'll censor that word)
<bishopONE>: also yeah fisting
<mwah> Gynx is it true you got admin over hero because hes from pakistan
Shutup sid you whore.

All jokes aside, This whore was educated.
Newer members tend to use a lot of abbreviations and almost no punctuation.
Last edited by Dose; Apr 13, 2012 at 02:10 AM.
Dose is dead.
Originally Posted by sid View Post
Forum-wise, you can tell a person's standing in the community simply by the way they talk. New people tend to have the worse grammar and people who have been here for only one or two years are either piss scared of the staff or extremely hostile. When a person can talk to me and be chilled without thinking I'm either an evil dictator or Gandhi, they are pro enough.

Lol, well that'd just be called experience. Yeah though, I agree. (This is Acesonnall). I've been able to befriend some staff as we have a lot in common (From interest in computers and the latest technology, to games, music, and jokes). I think the reason why people a "piss scared of the staff" is usually because of how respond to newbie's. Being somewhat of a forum newb myself I can testify to the fact that some staff start off disliking you and it's hard to understand why at times.
Agreed with Sid and BlackDemon. Pros are nice, they may not win every game (no one can) but their attitude to losing is great, plus you can like see during the replay how they would've beaten the other player, they have good tori control. Pretty much the best definition I can come up with =P
Last edited by Chozo; Apr 13, 2012 at 09:16 AM.
Then we have those kids who fix up their grammar because the topic was brought up.
The general definition of "Noob" derives from "Newbie", which is taken from "New Beginner" Which generally applies to those who are new at something, be it a videogame, an art, or using a computer.

"Pro" is the shortened version of "Professional" which applies to someone who is adept at their job, and/or has been doing it for a while.

However, "Nerd" and "pro" can sometimes overlap, when the term applies to the internet.

Edit: Oh yeah, also, "Noob" and "Fucking stupid ass moron" can sometimes be synonymous, when applying to grammar, applications, or anything online in general.

A Synonym of "Pro", "1337" which is the short version of "31337" meaning "Leet" which is the internet's term for "Elite" which can be comparable to "Nerd" or "nolifer"

And lastly, see "Boss" which is the same as "Pro" (Internet-wise) except boss implies that you have power over others, be it an office, or "vidya game skillz"

However, contrary to popular belief, "Boss" is not synonymous with "Nerd" or "nolifer" it instead refers to someone "Cool" in real life.

(Or someone pretending to be cool)
Last edited by Zayex; Apr 13, 2012 at 05:59 PM.
the inner machinations of my mind are an enigma
Originally Posted by sireal View Post
Agreed with Sid and BlackDemon. Pros are nice, they may not win every game (no one can) but their attitude to losing is great, plus you can like see during the replay how they would've beaten the other player, they have good tori control. Pretty much the best definition I can come up with =P

Funny how these are nearly the same things I covered, but you just can't seem to agree with me fore some reason.

Originally Posted by Zayex View Post
The general definition of "Noob" derives from "Newbie", which is taken from "New Beginner" Which generally applies to those who are new at something, be it a videogame, an art, or using a computer.

"Pro" is the shortened version of "Professional" which applies to someone who is adept at their job, and/or has been doing it for a while.

However, "Nerd" and "pro" can sometimes overlap, when the term applies to the internet.

Edit: Oh yeah, also, "Noob" and "Fucking stupid ass moron" can sometimes be synonymous, when applying to grammar, applications, or anything online in general.

A Synonym of "Pro", "1337" which is the short version of "31337" meaning "Leet" which is the internet's term for "Elite" which can be comparable to "Nerd" or "nolifer"

And lastly, see "Boss" which is the same as "Pro" (Internet-wise) except boss implies that you have power over others, be it an office, or "vidya game skillz"

However, contrary to popular belief, "Boss" is not synonymous with "Nerd" or "nolifer" it instead refers to someone "Cool" in real life.

(Or someone pretending to be cool)

I lol'd.
Y0U H4V3 70 KN0W 1337 83F0R3 0N3 83C0M35 PR0. 4F73R 4WHIL3 1T K0M35 N47UR411Y L1K3 4 53C0ND 14N6U4G3 4ND 15 U53FU1 F0R K0NV3R547I0N5 W17H D'3M NU85, N0085, N3W8135 4ND 7H3 L1K3.

3D17: M4Y 7H3 NU85 R3M41N 45 TH3Y 4R3... F0R3V3R!!!

4 WH013 P4G3 0F 411 31337 4P34K W0U1D 100K K00L 45 W311.
Last edited by T0ribush; Apr 14, 2012 at 10:56 AM.