ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Head texture help
Hey guys, I've been trying to get into doing some head textures but I have a couple questions

This is my head, Im trying to make bandages on it, but the top and back and bottom get fucked up, any suggestions on how to fix this?

Sorry about the shotty animation did it in 10 secs

I did this is photoshop if that matters.

Fixed the upper part, still confused with what to do on the back
Last edited by Dane2476; Jan 29, 2010 at 10:19 PM.
For the back, just mirror the left and right sides of the image. For the top, make sure that most of it is one color, because the left and right side at the top of the image will be like the back, same for the bottom. Put the bandages mostly in the middle of the image and it will show up fine.
Originally Posted by S0uL3aTer View Post
For the back, just mirror the left and right sides of the image. For the top, make sure that most of it is one color, because the left and right side at the top of the image will be like the back, same for the bottom. Put the bandages mostly in the middle of the image and it will show up fine.

When I mirror the back it comes out fat in the middle and it gets skinny in the bottom.

The only reason I need the white bar bandage in the back is so that the back doesnt look messed up because everything isnt mirrored

What happens to the back:

Last edited by Dane2476; Jan 29, 2010 at 10:20 PM.
Maybe you could try making an inverted triangle for the top of the back so that instead of getting skinnier, it stayed the same...
By the way, that head is awesome. I applaud you.

Ps. you could also make the bandages look ripped in the back, so that you wouldn't have to worry about the back at all.
Last edited by lampshade; Jan 30, 2010 at 03:08 PM. Reason: added the ps.

[NERD]
[OLDA]
[inq]
Originally Posted by chris20236 View Post

Really doesn't help at all, I don't want horizontal lines, not vertical I think that was pretty clear, I was asking how to make it work, not how it works.

followed lampshades advice.

thanks guys