Ranking
Original Post
Aquita's Mixed Martial Arts Techniques
Sup. My names aquita i do brazilian jiu jitsu, one of the founding martial arts of MMA. i am endlessly intrigued by martial arts especially grappling so my ive made my own personally hobby of incorporating real world techniques into toribash's aikido mod. I incorporate 3 of the best grappling arts in the world: Wrestling, Judo, and Brazilian jiu jitsu (bjj). And also i try to dabble in some striking.

Wrestling - i would described as the art of leg grabs and attacking your opponents base. i think its incredibly effective in aikido and i am slowly developing a nice system of how to finish your opponent from any leg/low grab.

Judo - The art of trips and throws from the standing position. Team Aikido has been very helpful with developing my throws though they are still far from perfect. These techniques have saved me from situations where most people would feel completely fucked.

BJJ - the art of turnovers (sweeps), tying up your opponent's limbs, and fighting upside down. the idea is to get low and hug your opponent with your legs or arms so they cant thow you and then you wait and work for a chance to sweep them.

Muay thai - best striking art in the world. It combined the use of kicks, knees, elbows, punches and anything else that would smash ur face in graceful fashion. However the style greatly emphasizes strikes from the clinch which is why it's great for aikido.

As you look through my replay list you'll see I posted GIF's of the real techniques used in MMA matches. Not all of my replays are perfect imitations but some are damn near close.

Replays that have the word "advanced" before the replay name are techniques that i have only completed once. It doesn't necessarily mean they require any greater skill.

To start off here are some of the moves used against the more talented fighters of toribash.
Last edited by footlox; Jun 16, 2023 at 10:27 PM. Reason: updating...
Leader of the Spyder House
Toribash Martial Artists
Judo - Trips
the sasae ashi (my best judo tech) is an outside foot trip where you sorta wheel throw ur opponent while sweeping their lower leg to trip them.

Sasae Ashi

ouchi gari is an inside leg hook while driving your opponent into the ground.

Ouchi Gari off cage

osoto gari is an outside leg hook to trip my opponent.

Slick Osoto Gari

Attached Files
judo - sasae ashi.rpl (36.0 KB, 39 views)
judo - sasae ashi (2).rpl (35.8 KB, 22 views)
judo - sasae ashi (3).rpl (38.8 KB, 18 views)
judo - sasae ashi (4).rpl (46.8 KB, 16 views)
judo - sasae ashi (5).rpl (44.3 KB, 18 views)
judo - ouchi gari.rpl (49.0 KB, 23 views)
judo - ouchi gari (2).rpl (61.2 KB, 20 views)
judo - ouchi gari (3).rpl (52.5 KB, 16 views)
judo - osoto gari.rpl (52.1 KB, 23 views)
judo - osoto gari (2).rpl (55.1 KB, 15 views)
Last edited by footlox; Jan 15, 2015 at 10:41 PM. Reason: removed kosoto gake, added osoto gari. added gifs
Toribash Martial Artists
BJJ - Scissor Sweep
the flying scissor sweep is my best bjj technique. i have a tutorial posted on Team Aikido.

Scissor Sweep in MMA

Attached Files
bjj - scissor sweep.rpl (30.4 KB, 37 views)
bjj - scissor sweep (2).rpl (32.9 KB, 23 views)
bjj - scissor sweep (3).rpl (22.2 KB, 20 views)
bjj - scissor sweep (4).rpl (36.0 KB, 15 views)
bjj - scissor sweep (5).rpl (33.0 KB, 17 views)
Last edited by footlox; Jan 11, 2015 at 01:04 AM.
Toribash Martial Artists
Wrestling - Ankle Pick and Knee Tap
the ankle pick is a leg takedown that requires a very low leg grab and right after the grab u pop back up like a spring. Or just drag that sonofabitch's foot till he falls.

Ankle Pick

The knee tap is a similar concept. When I pick the leg I want to pull it towards my opponent's standing leg while pushing their upper body towards the the grabbed leg.

Cruz's Double Knee Tap

Attached Files
wrestling - ankle pick.rpl (27.6 KB, 34 views)
wrestling - ankle pick (2).rpl (33.0 KB, 23 views)
wrestling - ankle pick (3).rpl (24.8 KB, 23 views)
wrestling - ankle pick (4).rpl (41.5 KB, 15 views)
wrestling - ankle pick (5).rpl (54.1 KB, 16 views)
wrestling - knee tap.rpl (38.5 KB, 15 views)
wrestling - knee tap (2).rpl (44.1 KB, 8 views)
wrestling - knee tap (4).rpl (43.5 KB, 10 views)
Last edited by footlox; Jul 11, 2015 at 07:21 AM. Reason: added better explanation of knee tap
Toribash Martial Artists
BJJ - Flying Armbar
my 2nd favorite technique from bjj.
i use this to lock up my opponents upper body and then i either lift them out of the ring or if i can get to their foot and stretch them out they'll tangle up and collapse.
this also works to get alot of dmg points and then hold them down till the end of the match.

Flying Armbar

-----
Blink: i never sparred before, i dont think id be any good.
Attached Files
bjj - armbar.rpl (41.3 KB, 32 views)
bjj - armbar (2).rpl (60.3 KB, 21 views)
bjj - armbar (3).rpl (49.1 KB, 15 views)
bjj - armbar (4).rpl (44.3 KB, 20 views)
bjj - armbar (5).rpl (76.5 KB, 19 views)
aquita - qubic (armbar).rpl (63.0 KB, 18 views)
bjj - armbar (6).rpl (90.3 KB, 9 views)
Last edited by footlox; Oct 17, 2015 at 08:54 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Toribash Martial Artists
doesnt matter. i see you have same interest as I do. we can both practice
those by trying to spar as realistic as we can. there are now a few who
who gets that concept of realism practice and we just keep practicing.
before we know it, it may look good. pm me when your interested ok : )
Wrestling - Switch Step (leg takedown entry)
So before i get into the endless variations of attacking your opponents legs lets first take at look at the better ways to get to the legs in the first place.

The switch step is a "level change" technique that i took from the real world technique the split step and modified it for toribash. I use it to "shoot" on my opponents legs by switching my front leg to the back while my back leg moves into the front. During this time of switching i am raising my shoulder that is gripped and most importantly i am not touching the ground.
This allows me to fall just enough to reach my opponents legs, but at the same time when my back moving "power leg" contacts the floor it is pushing off and driving me into my opponents hips. The foward "penetration step" is guiding me into my opponent and is used to setup a takedown in the following turns.

Is this required for a good leg takedown? No.
But its just my style of getting to the legs more aggressively. Leg takedowns can be tricky because you can push and pull them in all sorts of directions n your opponent wont budge.
But if you come in at the correct level and pull in the right directions they go down very easy.
Look through my samples and you'll see these different takedowns all start with this move.
Next step, ill introduce my most powerful single leg takedown technique.
Attached Files
wrestling - Knee Tap DEMO.rpl (19.6 KB, 17 views)
Last edited by footlox; Jan 30, 2015 at 07:17 PM. Reason: editting stuff..
Toribash Martial Artists
Your Enemys there are pretty lowskilled. So i dont see the achievement of yours. If you can pull up that moves in clan fights, that would be impressive. But against Low belts (new players) eh... shame
Wrestling - Double Leg Wrap*
I call this the double leg wrap for two reasons. First is because this move is done by my arm wrapping around one of my opponents legs while griping the other. The second is because when i land these grips, its a wrap.

by getting these grips i now i have complete control over my opponents legs and also one of his arms. from there i can take him in any direction i want.
This technique demonstrates just how powerful leg grabs can be. Whenever i am shooting this is the grip i aim for, however the opening is not always there.

**Not a real world technique.
-----
Originally Posted by TheZyst View Post
Your Enemys there are pretty lowskilled. So i dont see the achievement of yours. If you can pull up that moves in clan fights, that would be impressive. But against Low belts (new players) eh... shame

The very first post has examples of opponents who all have a master belt or higher. And some of these are from clan wars but i dont remember which ones.
Attached Files
wrestling - double wrap.rpl (32.8 KB, 20 views)
wrestling - double wrap (2).rpl (35.8 KB, 10 views)
Last edited by footlox; Feb 22, 2015 at 07:35 AM. Reason: making things look neat
Toribash Martial Artists