Toribash
Original Post
Rule Change in Private/Public Rooms
Hi,

We’ve recently updated the rules regarding private space and public space. I’m writing this semi-brief note to send the message along. Below will be a few points on why we made the change, what was actually changed, and finally, how it affects everyone going forward. You can find the rules in the FAQ.

Why

With the implementation of in-game reports, private v. public rooms were always a hot topic when looking at the reports. Tori-Agents look through game chat logs and replays to come to their verdict(s). “Was this a private room?” “What can we do about it?” were frequently asked questions among the team. The staff team discussed this and came to the conclusion to amend the rules. We felt that, through means of technicalities, “allowing” members to break rules because they’re in their own custom server, isn’t right. We’re not trying to shaft people from having fun, rather, keeping everything fun and friendly for everyone. If something is reported, in-game reports, or our traditional methods of sending a screenshot in, we deal with it.

What

For everyone, these guidelines should be common sense behavior, typical to everyday interactions with real people. Here’s the new rules paired by the old rules. Please take the time to read.

Originally Posted by New

- Harassment

Harassing (by insulting, name-calling, slurs, bandwagoning, flaming, trolling, and so on) other members of the game for any reason is not allowed. We wish to maintain a friendly environment, and any flaming or harassment may result in a ban. This includes any homophobic or racial slurs in any public space in the community

"Public space" is defined as:
Game - Any room that is not protected by a password.
Forum - The entire forum with the exception of Wibbles and clan PRIVATE boards.
If it's brought to moderator's attention and found that your language disrupts the integrity of the environment we're setting; warnings, infractions, or bans will take place. Try to solve issues yourself if you can. We can't possibly be there for every single instance. Asking to politely stop is a start.

Originally Posted by Old
Harassing (by insulting, name-calling, slurs, bandwagoning, flaming, trolling, and so on) other members of the game for any reason is not allowed. We wish to maintain a friendly environment, and any flaming or harassment may result in a ban. This includes any homophobic or racial slurs in any public space in the community - for more information read here.

And if you follow the link in the Old rules, this part, I'll put that in a spoiler

Addition

Going Forward

This isn’t to get rid of private rooms, you’re free to have your fun. Just be mindful of the others joining in. We strive to keep all platforms of Toribash a fun and friendly environment to want to be in. If you see behavior that clearly breaks the rules, report it. After that, ignore them using the ignore feature ingame. If you have feedback, you’re free to post, we’d love to hear it with the intentions of trying to improve.
Last edited by ed; Jan 21, 2020 at 08:36 AM. Reason: clarity

بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم

Can we still curse? Like say fuck and bitch and stuff like that?this world is going to shit. PC shit right here.Theyre pulling a zuck on us )
= SELLING MARKET INVENTORY =
Pm me for deals
This ain't it.

*SOLEMNLY DISAPPROVES OF CENSORSHIP*

A community that has arguably stood the test of time now needs enforced censorship? Yeah na, this is unnecessary.

"these guidelines should be common sense behavior" - 'but isn't and therefore the community will now be forcefully censored for whatever we deem unacceptable'?

This sounds nice in theory but ultimately damages the ability for the community to manage itself, interact and/or to create a more accepting culture organically.

Look, do what you will - but in my opinion, fear, punishment and (generalized) rules for censorship isn't the right approach.

*CONTINUES SOLEMNLY DISAPPROVING OF CENSORSHIP*

▂▃▄▅▆▇█▓▒░ eVo ░▒▓█▇▆▅▄▃▂

i dont see a whole lot of people wanting to play the game or wanting to stay if we're all just allowed to be complete assholes to anybody we want. Its why you cant go outside and tell a police officer to go fuck themselves. Bringing down toxicity has... no repercussions actually.
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Originally Posted by lily View Post
i dont see a whole lot of people wanting to play the game or wanting to stay if we're all just allowed to be complete assholes to anybody we want. Its why you cant go outside and tell a police officer to go fuck themselves. Bringing down toxicity has... no repercussions actually.

Are you not reading the thread thus far? If you don't want to stay because you think it's toxic then say it out loud, don't hide behind an assumed (and pointlessly insulting) statistic.

Also, telling an officer to go fuck himself shouldn't warrant a physical beat down or jail time.

alright, i think the community is toxic as shit and it needs to be addressed, the rule changes are a great start to getting rid of people who are overly toxic.

is that better for you?
[sigpic][/sigpic]

alright, i think the community is toxic as shit and it needs to be addressed, the rule changes are a great start to getting rid of people who are overly toxic.

is that better for you?

Much. Now learn to grow thicker skin.

This what you want toribash? A bunch of sly cowardly,control freaks talking shit behind everyone's back? Well now you got it.

'sum bs this.

tragic that it isnt really approved of to call someone a cunt in a server. Im sure youre crying at this loss
[sigpic][/sigpic]
tragic that it isnt really approved of to call someone a cunt in a server. Im sure youre crying at this loss

Maybe someone doesn't know they're being a cunt and occasionally that someone needs to be told they are.

I don't care about saying that specifically and your attempt to preconceive my position is a failure at changing focus on the main issue. Which is unspecific general rules applied with force.

Do you not see how that can be mistreated? Or are you still just merely upset cause someone called someone a cunt?

i dont see how tightening the rules is bad for anyone really. Please explain because it feels like there's a communication issue here
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Well, for one, there's the pretty obvious freedom vs. censorship dichotomy that I have no idea how you're missing unless you're purposely being ignorant...

Private rooms are essentially just public rooms now (unless passworded), and subject to all the rules that govern public rooms..