ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Old clan - legendary clan.
Hello there. Title looks like like a clickbait for me, but nevermind. Let's talk about clans.
And by the way let's look into that small list.

ayy

As you can see, we have like an 11 non-legendary clans which is alive and active (maybe some of 'em a bit sleepy) for a decade. [Evil] keeps an official status for 14 years.
And some of clans in that list - left their marks in the community. And i think they deserved something.
As an example: [Alpha]
If you ask me, sometimes i hate those guys, but they won a goddamn ClanLeague a lot of times. That's the most shiny "achievement" they did. And legendary players came out of it.

Other clans maybe not so productive at PVP, but they did something valuable too. If you will dig up into every clan - you can find a lot of information which is already forgotten.

So, here is the idea:

Every official and ACTIVE clan which passed a decade since it been created should have a legendary status. Or at least an achievement with high reward, idk.
DECADE, DAMN IT! Toribash been released in 2006. And some clans staying alive after that date.

I know, legendary status should be deserved through some achievements in the community, but keep a clan with people playing for 10 years isn't a one?

P.S
[Damned] don't deserved a legendary status, we got no achievements at all, lol
and our official status isn't "old" enough.
But other clans should have something.
Last edited by T0n0mi; Apr 5, 2020 at 07:01 AM.
It took me ten years to find the answer to something, and I forgot about it in two seconds
I don't think a clan deserves legendary just because they play the game since ancient times. Alpha deserves it without question. Their achievement is amazing
NO TITLE
I think the staff are to busy to care, but I agree alpha deserves it, Fl0w clan helped tb a lot and have done the biggest events out there they deserve it as-well
Last edited by cutterchop; Apr 5, 2020 at 08:06 AM.
I agree with the premise but yeah toribash has always had a 'friend circle first' mentality when it comes to recognizing people or clans. This dates back all the way since the beginning. If you or your clan has ever annoyed the powers that be, you're basically disqualified from getting nice things.(Unless you beg or depreciate yourself - I've seen this happen many times) The only way to survive in these conditions is to shut up and accept or join and dish out. I've seen new players that bully others get further in this game than old school players who care, provided that those in charge approve of said bullying etc. The word "fair" and "toribash community" just don't go together. I guess I'm stirring the tea right now but I've always been in the rejected category so I'm just speaking from experience. Additionally, association is taken into account too - if your clan is friendly with clan x, clan y & clan z and visa versa, guess what? That association sticks. Some clans even exist and were created as a safe guard away from the petty clique dominated social environment. These associations themselves are hated because clans that stick together against the ruling clique are seen as a problem.

It's sad that so many people have given so much to this game and half of them just left feeling empty. I could write a book with regard to Toribash' history and active times vs inactive times and I could point out what worked and what didn't from an objective perspective but I don't see the point. I'm close to giving up on this game just like the thousands before me. I'm sure there are those that are going to tell me I'm wrong but I couldn't care less. I'm just telling you what I saw in the last 14 years of this games existence, and I've seen a lot. I feel like toribash is treated as dead at the moment or rather a beta version of TBN. This forum feels like a beta forum - the urgency is gone, the care for the growth of the community is gone etc. However, I must give praise to some of the event squad members. Their enthusiasm and work ethic in game has been really impressive recently. I may come off as an asshole but I really just care for this game, take what I say with a pinch of salt.

Now onto possible solutions...well, there aren't that many for reasons I can't mention. The only way is for the community to stop relying so much on those in charge. Recognize each other more than waiting for those above you to recognize you. Create community events and groups etc. Then when those above come around to snatch the community leaders either allow it but keep your values and bring in more of those community leaders or deny it and stay on your own paths. There was a time when the community worked together to resolve things, it's changed and now the community have forgotten how much power they have and how the game and it's community is actually in their hands.

Here's an example of something that community/clans can come up with to recognize each other.

Toribash Unofficial Community Legend Awards

These awards are given to the respectable achievers within the community based off the entry requirements below:

Clans:

- 10 Year Service Recognition
- etc..

Players:

-
-

The above is an example of what the community could do, using static requirements to avoid any preferential treatment (vagueness = bad ) and to recognize each other. No begging or depreciation of oneself or clan required. Just know that the power hungry and control freaks above won't be happy with the community taking these actions by themselves and you will most likely be met with resistance and ridicule.

I could go on for days like I said but that's just my perceptive after being around all these years. I would hope something like this would be formalized with requirements but as it stands the people who make these decisions, don't really make them for people who aren't their friends.

Good luck though, also I would be happy to debate anyone who feels they need to disprove what I've said here.

▂▃▄▅▆▇█▓▒░ eVo ░▒▓█▇▆▅▄▃▂

I agree.

Only giving clans legendary status once they are "DEAD" is dumb.

If I was able to have one wish, it would be to live closer to my one true love Fred, his beard tastes so nice.
He is also a far superior tk player.
LegGang
i mean how relax all is not legendary yet
Ex - Moderator of russian sections
Ex-Event squad defender
Ex-Tori Agents Sentinel
Originally Posted by Fire View Post
I agree.

Only giving clans legendary status once they are "DEAD" is dumb.

Legends should be alive too, and must work as an example to follow.
It took me ten years to find the answer to something, and I forgot about it in two seconds
LeGeNd status regarding to Toribash is a very subjective thing since there are no specific criteria for getting it and as I know there is a group of staff who votes/decide if a clan or a person deserve it or not so talk is cheap. For me when I was a kid who played this game there were only 5 legendary clans Mad, bncy, rawr, hack and no. I don't know, maybe I don't feel that legendary status thing because I used to play since then but I believe if somebody of the elder ones would like to make their clan legendary they can force it through the moderation, sending pms to administators proving their legendarity but the thing is that they are probably too old to care about something like this.
I think the reason why they give this status to old dead clans is that they want to keep them in sight and away from a dead clan board, like making them a part of a history etc, that's the idea, I guess and that's the reason, why they do not give this status to active clans because they are still there and not going anywhere.
Last edited by Hug; Apr 5, 2020 at 06:40 PM.
GLORY FOR UKRAINE
I'd suggest awarding a different type of accolade to clans that are still active and doing something notable within the community. Perhaps something like a "Prodigy" clan status.

Now if you ask me this accolade should be awarded only to the clans that had proven their determination and continuous contribution to the community, with the exception that it should be the other clan leaders vote, rather than some mysterious group of Toribash Illuminati. Just to keep things more transparent, I suppose.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'm back on that bull like the cowboy
[Zero] [Parrot] [NOT] [TANG]
akina | oaky | haku | max | suka | static
Originally Posted by T0n0mi View Post
As an example: [Alpha]
If you ask me, sometimes i hate those guys, but they won a goddamn ClanLeague a lot of times. That's the most shiny "achievement" they did. And legendary players came out of it.

Alpha was close to being legendary, but in my opinion they blew it. All the OG members are dead, or left the clan, now it's just left with (in my opinion) fools.