Ranking
Original Post
Switching back to old ranking system
I realized the new matchmaking system is not working as expected (i think), if you tried to matchmake in the last few weeks you will find out is almost impossible to find a match.And many actually found out about this way before in 2016, there's another thread discussing it here: https://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=544934

Nothing has changed since than, it only got worse imo.

I think that's due to lack of people playing it and i agree, toribash right now doesn't have enaugh "population" to deal with such a system.

I'd suggest switching back to the old ranking system, at least for now because i think we're really loosing a piece of toribash here...
Last edited by AlteredCode; Apr 17, 2020 at 02:40 AM.
The is something I've always questioned. The matchmaking system has been on and off lately, I was going to make a thread about when are the best hours to go ranking because I practically can't find anyone in the matchmaking system especially at night but I found this new thread so I'm gonna stick with here. But yes the system is working these past few weeks and I can't find no one to rank anymore

In my opinion though the ranking system has been falling off greatly and we need to do something about it.
Why would you want to play ranked when there's no active season? Last one ended in December, it's a matter of when they decide to announce season 7.
Back in time there was a global rank which is the one you achieve through matchmaking right now and mod rank. And why would i play if there is no ranked season? Because i don't care about ranking rewards and so was it back in the past. You do it for competition, the reward is just a bonus they introduced after, people wasn't doing it for that.
Well as it turns out, most people actually appear to prefer to sit in ranked servers rather than use the matchmaking option. And currently there is no ranked season up. Season 6 ended a while ago and toribash is currently in a grace period in between them so there’s really no reason to match make.

Need help? PM me!
إد هو العاهرة
I'd personally love to have the old ranking system back. It was just so simple. I havent played a lot in a long time, mostly because of the rank update.
Something is better than nothing.