ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
CHESHYRE - AFFINITY
Greetings fellas,

Some time has passed since I last posted anything publicly about my music, so if there was going to be an update I figure it may as well be something a little different.

This is "AFFINITY", a piano arrangement merged with an rhythmic electronic composition.

The track has a tempo of 120 with no mid play tempo changes like many of my other works, and the piano used is the East/West Steinway D with heavily edited velocity and note length alterations.

The DAW used is FL Studio 11, and the sounds were designed with mainly Serum - Massive X - and a Moog Voyager XL.

If you have any other questions involving the composition, or the sound design within the track, I'd be more than happy to answer.

Otherwise, here you are and be sure to keep an eye out for more posts from me if you're interested.

Thanks!

https://soundcloud.com/aicheshyre/cheshyre-affinity
I can't exactly tell you where but there were some sour notes in the intro (first 40 seconds or so). Overall, it's interesting. I personally am not a fan of the genre hopping. It goes from piano to some sort of electronic music and then to some sort of dubstep or related genre? It's a neat concept.
Well I don't know much about making music, so take what I'm writing with a grain of salt.

Just saying this out of my own personal taste, but
I think it would be better if you started the song at 2:24 and at 2:45 you could continiue and develop it in to more piano play with higher intensity rather than toning it down again, the song have all the elements of a good song, but its like.. in the wrong order it seems to me. and the melody could fit really well, but maybe use a more electronic sounding piano rather than a classical one.

I think this music will appeal to a very small audience, because you have those who just wants to listen to classical piano music, and you have those who just want to listen to electronic/dubstep and they are rarely the same people. And on top of that they must be interested in listening to both at the same time, so its not like you can play it at a party, or at dinner with your parents.

So yes, you are clearly really good at making music, some elements in there sounds professional, some parts reminded me of infected mushroom, but if you compare this to mainstream music you fall a bit short because of the overall composition and structure.
Last edited by Ezeth; Sep 29, 2019 at 03:34 AM.
Originally Posted by Goat View Post
I can't exactly tell you where but there were some sour notes in the intro (first 40 seconds or so). Overall, it's interesting. I personally am not a fan of the genre hopping. It goes from piano to some sort of electronic music and then to some sort of dubstep or related genre? It's a neat concept.

I'd be interested to see which notes you're mentioning, I can't seem to hear it myself. Due to the nature of artificial piano and the adjusting of the velocity and the large amount of reverb, I could see the possibility of the accidental blending of two notes, but otherwise I'm unfortunately not able to hear it, and consequentially unable to fix it. Thanks for noticing, regardless.

Glad you found the concept interesting. With just about every genre there are people who connect with it, or simply don't enjoy it. Some people have even described it as an "acquired taste".

Originally Posted by Ezeth View Post
Well I don't know much about making music, so take what I'm writing with a grain of salt.

Just saying this out of my own personal taste, but
I think it would be better if you started the song at 2:24 and at 2:45 you could continiue and develop it in to more piano play with higher intensity rather than toning it down again, the song have all the elements of a good song, but its like.. in the wrong order it seems to me. and the melody could fit really well, but maybe use a more electronic sounding piano rather than a classical one.

I think this music will appeal to a very small audience, because you have those who just wants to listen to classical piano music, and you have those who just want to listen to electronic/dubstep and they are rarely the same people. And on top of that they must be interested in listening to both at the same time, so its not like you can play it at a party, or at dinner with your parents.

So yes, you are clearly really good at making music, some elements in there sounds professional, some parts reminded me of infected mushroom, but if you compare this to mainstream music you fall a bit short because of the overall composition and structure.

I personally don't like limiting myself to a specific genre of music, as many artists who have done this in the past have stated it as something they regret. My goal is to continue to be a creative entity with no specific label attached, but with a specialization in this sort of "Symphonic Orchestra".

This music is more for people like myself who listen to music moreso as something to experience, or study.

I appreciate your compliments in regards to the musics quality, and I'm trying to keep a beginners mind when it comes to mixing quality and trying to get the most out of every sound I use.

Thanks for the feedback fellas!
Hey, nice job! I don't know if I agree with the others on this. I love fusions, and from what I could hear, no sour notes.I think what it lacks the most is that the song lacks a climax, a real chorus to counteract the quiet piano parts. Don't be afraid to take your songs into new directions, it really adds flavor!

Also take this cnc with a grain of salt, I only listened to the song once. Good shit!

I know it's not the style you're going for, but here's some inspiration (hopefully).

Owner of Fred
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I enjoyed it. Orchestral dub is definitely interesting. Makes for good study beats. Be cool if you put out an extended mix of similar works on youtube.
Last edited by Ele; Oct 27, 2019 at 12:49 PM.