ES Recruitment Drive
i think an actual solution to the ragequit problem
have you ever played Halo online and someone on your team kills you? you get the option to either boot them or forgive them. that's the same kind've idea i have for ragequitting. if you're in a match with more points and the other person leaves, you should have the option to have them banned or not. then if someone leaves just cause they have to they can just be forgiven and no one gets banned, while the ragequitters learn their lesson.

just a thought
replays pls cnc me
hmmm this might be able to work but how long would the ban be for?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Selling/buying tc or items? PM Flow!
Originally Posted by Ezophlee View Post
have you ever played Halo online and someone on your team kills you? you get the option to either boot them or forgive them. that's the same kind've idea i have for ragequitting. if you're in a match with more points and the other person leaves, you should have the option to have them banned or not. then if someone leaves just cause they have to they can just be forgiven and no one gets banned, while the ragequitters learn their lesson.

just a thought

Please explain how this could not be abused and used on people that have a) a bad internet connection and end up pinging out / crashing, b) just been kicked from the room by an operator, c) been flood kicked for spam by the room, or d) been force pinged in some manner.

If you could explain for that, I would probably like to see the idea in better light.

Also the halo idea works on the 'should we look at what they are doing, or does this person forgive them for it so we ignore it?'. Or you could manually report them on the irc for ragequitting.
I'm a game developer for other games.
Ping me if you have a query or general question unrelated to this game.
Good idea, but toribash is a lot different from halo. It's simply not he game that everything can be fixed that way.
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
What is the problem if someone rage quits? You get the win anyway. There is no need for something like this i think.
As Abyss just said, it's something that can be abused for undesired problems. And, you can simply manually ban them from a server you're op to.

The thing this could work for is for public servers. Sometimes players quit in the middle of a match and have an elo penalty, but the one winning doesn't gain the elo he was supposed to win.
Modo Bestia
Perhaps this could be put into place as a vote of the members in a room, only activating if there are say 7+ players, then a player would usually only be voted to be banned by the majorityif they had done something wrong.

Also if a ban is incorrect it can be appealled
I would say, do it like CS:Go voting works. If a certain amount of people vote yes, a report gets filed and the staff look at it (in CS:GO its a kick from the lobby, but doesn't exactly work in this scenario, so a report works better). From that, they can handle it how they want (be it either an infraction, ban, warning, whatever depending on what the person has done, if they are a repeat offender, and so on). That way, instead of straight up banning from the room and causing issues, it can be maintainable and not 100% abusable.

Giving someone a straight out ban for 'ragequitting' without solid evidence for it is just unfair in many cases. If however the staff get multiple reports of this happening from different servers, and the same person doing it, then it might be evidential enough that there is something going on.

Just saying, this would be my opinion on how such a system could work / be implemented - not sure if a similar one to mine has been suggested already but hey, if it has then it has.
I'm a game developer for other games.
Ping me if you have a query or general question unrelated to this game.