Toribash
Original Post
[Underway]Achievement Overhaul
This thread has been merged with similar threads. Things related to a new achievement list, new achievements, or simply fixing the achievements goes here.

OP:
I would like to suggest this because it's been bugging me.
The achievements are broken, they only work for belt's and full sets.
The rest of the things, like win 1000 akido games and so on, are broken, and do not work.

So I was thinking, why not integrate the achievments into the client? And have a little pop-up come up in the corner. Also, new achievements for beating the bot Uke, and winning your first game. I don't know how you guys will react but that's just what I think. ;)

Thanks for reading.
Last edited by Lazors; Feb 4, 2016 at 09:13 PM.
The juiciest Wolf in town.
wulfi.on.toribash.com
I'm gonna go ahead and delete all posts that suggest fixing the achievements or rewarding players for achievements. There are other threads for exactly that purpose.
Last edited by Lazors; Feb 7, 2015 at 08:35 AM.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
new ingame achievements
Hello,like the title says i would like some new ingame achievements,i believe
there haven't been any for some time now.

Some examples:
a 10000 wins achievement
a 1000 wins for ninjutsu,lenshu,kickbox
No, even the current achievments are unfinished. Not supported
aaaaAAaaAasaaadABabababalnandàas2
I don't understand the delay with steam achievements, to be honest. It seems like a relatively easy thing to do.

Actually, just scrap the whole forum achievement list and just work on the steam ones for now. Nobody is going to miss it.
My thoughts:
The mod-specific achievements should cover all the mods in the same "genre" (e.g. to get Bushido you'd have to play n games of ABD, Aikido, Greykido etc. (500 aikido + 500 abd games would make 1000 total).
They also have to be re-balanced. Separate achievements for 1000, 3000 and 5000 games is fully reasonable for the major mods.

I dunno about market achievements, they will just clutter everything up and i doubt people care about them. Maybe one for pure and one for void.

Finally, remove the white-brown belt achievements. They clutter and aren't very significant.
-----
Originally Posted by nikosefs View Post
what do you mean by unfinished?

Yeah actually they're broken rather than unfinished. The bushido (and similar) achievements use old mods or something, so they can't be obtained.
My educated guess is that the mod uploading system had to be redone and all the old ones were reuploaded, and that those achievements were linked to the lost mods.
Last edited by Lazors; Oct 31, 2015 at 07:33 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
i agree with you lazors about market achievements,to me they have no
meaning,unlike ingame ones witch can show a player's overall skill

ahh,now i get what he meant by unfinished,noticed that on guillotine the decap number is a bit
incosistent (if that is the right word)
yea most achievements are broken like lazor said, only a few like the cucumbers still except and belts, full sets but thats really it. but i dont want them to take them off forums because some people dont use steam to play tb so they wont get achievements off there
Quplays
Quack's Club
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pm me for help or if you have any questions.
The reason for the broken achievements w/ regards to mods (to all that don't know) is that over time various mods have been edited and the achievements were made b4 all most of that and so the mods needed to get the achievement no longer exist. I agree w/ Lazors to some extent bc some achievements are a bit of clutter. A possible solution would be maybe you could choose which achievements are displayed on your user card instead of having the most recent ones.
*Pulls more tail then a special needs child at the petting zoo*
Originally Posted by FleshMon View Post
but i dont want them to take them off forums because some people dont use steam to play tb so they wont get achievements off there

Not if they don't work. The point is to take a potential load of dev work off.
On the other hand, forums is a great place for the set achievements, so that they don't clutter up the steam ones. (Besides, set achievements have nothing to do with your skill as a player, so they're kind of out of place in steam).
Forum even achievements could also go here - It's very bad style to add achievements that can't be gotten anymore to steam.

I really don't think the rest are worth having on the forum page, but that's me.
-----
Originally Posted by HASSAN2000 View Post
I agree w/ Lazors to some extent bc some achievements are a bit of clutter. A possible solution would be maybe you could choose which achievements are displayed on your user card instead of having the most recent ones.

No I mean specifically steam ones. The forum is already a cluttered, nonfunctional mess, so it's better to start over with steam and then think about what to make of the forum.
Last edited by Lazors; Oct 31, 2015 at 09:25 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
so you are saying that to fix the existing achievements,first the database must be fixed?

and is that nabi's work or a forum work?