Ranking
Solo top malph is too stronk
Pick ignite and flash
I use 0/21/9 masteries, getting mana regen in utility. Be sure to get the CDR in the defense tree.
21/0/9 would work fine if you like the extra damage probably, but the I like the tankiness

use him as a counter pick to any champ who has autoattacks is their primary source of damage (wu, trynd, gp, etc). The more AA dependant champs they have on their team the better. One time I went against a team that had vayne bot, trynd top, and wu in the jungle, and I shut them all down in teamfights. It got to the point where I was able to 2v1 trynd and wu late game.

Run Mana regen/lvl blues, Armor yellows, choice red and quints (I prefer mpen reds and hp quints)

Start with regrowth pendant and Q
Last hit/farm (DO NOT USE YOUR ABILITIES TO LAST HIT/FARM!) until level 3 going, skill order QEQW, then prioritizing R > Q > E > W if you want to long range harass, R > E > Q > W if they get in close range. Once you're level 3, start to harass a little with Q. Not everytime it's off CD, or else you'll go OOM quickly.

First trip back I generally dont have much gold, I grab philo stone and a ward and as many pots as I can. Ill grab philo stone and boots if I can afford it.

By this point you're level 4/5, and you have philo stone and boots. Farm until you're level 5. Once you're level 5, use your Q on your lane opponent everytime they get near, and run up to them and E them if they're an AutoAttack heavy champ. Keep doing this while last hitting. If they're an ad caster like panth, just Q and run away, they can't catch up to you because they're slowed and you have a movespeed bonus

If you're doing good, you should be level 6, harassing with Q/E everytime you can, ignite should be up, and so should your ult. Harass until they have ~400 hp. When they get to 400 hp, hit W for the armor bonus, Q them one last time, then R right after you Q, E when they're knocked up, and finish them off with ignite. If you need to, Q them one last time. A full malph combo of WQREignite does about ~400 damage at level 6, about ~450 at level 7.

Keep doing this.

My general build goes something like this if I'm doing fine

regrowth pendant + hp pot
Philo stone + boots + pots/wards
Philo stone + boots + Heart of Gold + pots/wards
Philo stone + boots + HoG + Frozen heart parts (I get the glacial shield asap)
Philo stone + boots + HoG + Frozen Heart + Randuins parts
Philo stone + boots + Frozen Heart + Randuins + Force of Nature parts

once you finish your randuins, be sure to have a blue elixir on for fights so you have 40% CDR

My core for malph is FH, Randuins, and FoN. From there it's all how you want to play. I personally prefer going tanky AP malph, which means my build is something like

Boots
Frozen Heart
Randuins
Force of Nature
Abyssal Scepter
Void Staff

late game I have 200+ AP with elixirs, 40% CDR, 3k+ hp and 220 of each resist

In team fights your role is ult as many as possible. If you can only ult a few people, ult their AD carry, or other autoattack heavy champs. Such as trynd, vayne, sivir, etc. Once you've ulted, hit your E and randuins automatically. This causes those autotattack heavy champs to lose A LOT of their attack speed, with your randuins, E, and frozen heart. Dont forget to use your W before you E for the extra damage. From there just spam Q and E on their squishies.

Since im too lazy to upload pictures

My ranked stats with malph (im 1800) are 6.7/4.3/11.7, I dont have many games played as him in ranked but they're all wins.

I also just finished a game where I went 11/7/23 as him, basically carried hardcore.
Last edited by 2worlds; Jan 22, 2012 at 04:54 AM.
T0ribush: I could not get into two worlds even if my life depended on it.
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ
Originally Posted by NoCheerios View Post
People actually play 3v3 ranked? o-o

Also, I can't wait for M5 vs. TSM. This shit'll be crazy.

only because urichunt wont be cool
yea me and my two irl buds play it together
its usually rammus/fizz/lee sin
pretty strong
if banned
gp/shyvana/morde
i created the ??? emoji
like a lighter bitch we ignit
also jungle malph is pretty good

start cloth/5 pots
EWEQ then R>E>Q>W

start at wolves, go to blue, standard route from there. I went wraiths, double golems, red. You should clear fast enough that your smite will have ~25 sec CD by the time you kill wraiths.

he clears really fast. Like, really fast.

First trip back I was able to buy philo stone, and this was counting the fact i got counter jungled. He literally takes no damage in the jungle. I could have kept jungling for enough gold for philo+boots if I hadnt gotten counter jungled.

My build was practically the same, philo, ninja tabi, HoG as first items. Then rushing Frozen Heart/FoN/Randuins. Game was over by the time I got my core items.

Gank with Q, after you hit 6 your ganks are practically inescapable.

Be sure to use your W in your jungle before you E, and just have W and E up everytime you can you're in combat with creeps

Just went 3/1/19 as jungle malph
-----
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGts4nxMqKk
Last edited by 2worlds; Jan 22, 2012 at 07:50 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ
Originally Posted by 2worlds View Post
Solo top malph is too stronk
long ass quite intelligent guide thing

I like your guide and all, but in lane you should build to counter your opponent. So if it's kennen, you might want to buy a megatron cloak instead of frozen heart parts.
LIGHTING FROM MY EYES
Originally Posted by fat0ninja View Post
I like your guide and all, but in lane you should build to counter your opponent. So if it's kennen, you might want to buy a megatron cloak instead of frozen heart parts.

did you miss the part where i said you use malph as a counterpick?
Its literally the first line

though you bring up an interesting point I forgot to mention.
if you're playing blind pick, and you get laned up against a solo top AP champion, get a chalice of harmony as your 3rd item after philo/boots, and proceed as normal
This way you can spam Q+E everytime its off cooldown and get decent survability.

Keep the chalice until you hvae your other 5 items finished, then just sell it to get your 6th
Last edited by 2worlds; Jan 22, 2012 at 08:17 AM.
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ
Originally Posted by cocacobra View Post
everytime im play noob send message sayin play wit me
and his name boredlolz
who he
btw FIZZ \o/
11-0-1
9-2-3
RANKED

fgt, im boredlolz, gets namechange, no one remembers. trolololololol
THIS WAS ORIGINALLY THE WORST SIGNATURE EVER, FOR YOUR SAKE IT WAS FIXED. ~ Vox
Originally Posted by 2worlds View Post
did you miss the part where i said you use malph as a counterpick?
Its literally the first line

though you bring up an interesting point I forgot to mention.
if you're playing blind pick, and you get laned up against a solo top AP champion, get a chalice of harmony as your 3rd item after philo/boots, and proceed as normal
This way you can spam Q+E everytime its off cooldown and get decent survability.

Keep the chalice until you hvae your other 5 items finished, then just sell it to get your 6th

I did read that. You shouldn't confine yourself to malphite being just a counterpick against a lane, and a megatron cloak is around the same price as a chalice (i think) and provides much the same mr. It's a better alternative if you're laning against an AP.
LIGHTING FROM MY EYES
But 2worlds .___. Malphite Armour Carry is so much more fun than playing him fo' srs.
I R IRONMAN
I shit you not gentlemen, this story just happened and I am still in awe.

Just got out of a game where I was a very fed cassiopeia and my friend was a very fed nunu (fed off assists), and we got into a fight. This was in the tribush near top lane. Once the triple kill marker hit I knew the penta was mine.

Except, it wasnt.
My friend stole my last kill.

I was fuming, but victory comes at a price. This was a 45 minute game with an epic turnaround in our favor.

5 minutes later, we get into another team fight.
Strangely enough, it was in almost the exact same place - we were baiting baron. Me and my friend have had perfect synergy, I ult them and stun a majority while his ult catches them. This time he got a triple kill. His ice blast finishes off a 4th.

My twin fang finishes off the 5th.

TLR = My irl friend stole my pentakill, same match, almost the same exact fighting place, 5 minutes later, I stole his pentakill.

Oh the vengeance.

Seriously though, just think about it. 2 people stealing each others pentakills in the same spot with the same method in the same game. God the odds are just so low.

Would have been my 3rd pentakill too
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ
Dignitas got aced (Or got 4 deaths) three times in 5 minutes because they were trying to get Baron O_O

(They didn't get it)