Toribash
Original Post
Guitar general
How many of you play guitar? I've been playing for about half a year now, and I've got a squier electric, and my dad never uses his alvarez avoustic, so that's basically mine too. Currently I'm learning how to play Under the Bridge, but I can't get the second verse down; too many hammer-ons

Also, any bassists? What do you like about playing the bass?
[T] ~~~~~> [Tigma] <~~~~~ [Sigma]
You should totally join my fanclub.
I play.
I've been playing since I was maybe 13, so 4 years I guess.

Also a capo on the second fret makes that song alot easier. :v
My electric sounds a bit odd, so I play on my acoustic.

Amd bass, yes. Pretty fun stuff if you can get the right hand styles down. Don't wanna look like a noob picking the bass. (Not that anything's wrong with that)

Actually, Flea inspired me to pick up a bass.
Last edited by jxc1013; Feb 19, 2011 at 02:55 PM.
Thanks.
I play both acoustic guitar and bass.

I like playing bass because I think that it adds a nice sound to every song and it's pretty easy to play as well.
Proud member of [Pandora]
Originally Posted by jxc1013 View Post
I play.
I've been playing since I was maybe 13, so 4 years I guess.

Also a capo on the second fret makes that song alot easier. :v
My electric sounds a bit odd, so I play on my acoustic.

Amd bass, yes. Pretty fun stuff if you can get the right hand styles down. Don't wanna look like a noob picking the bass. (Not that anything's wrong with that)

Actually, Flea inspired me to pick up a bass.

I tried using a capo on that song, but I'd already gotten used to playing it without a capo. Anyways, it's only really useful for the intro.
[T] ~~~~~> [Tigma] <~~~~~ [Sigma]
You should totally join my fanclub.
i play bass
have acoustic and electric guitar but i dont play em.... ._. sadtho
I've been playing Bass for about 4 years now. I prefer it to guitar mainly because I find the low, powerful notes to be much more soothing and beautiful than a guitars screeching highs. Although while in my band I don't get to truly express the bass's musical ability, I am still able to play some beautiful melodies and riffs on my own.

[RAWR]NutHug: I CAN MAKE DIAPER BROWN
I've played guitar for about 4 years now, and I've been playing bass for about 3 years using both picking and finger picking techniques.
i just started learning how to play the guitar about 5 months ago
You don't say?