Toribash
Original Post
[ART] Sea Creature Painting

show image

I joined up on this site a while ago, I haven't been active (at all) but I remember this community to be a great place for artists to post and lurk.

So here I am again! With a painting to accompany, so that's sure neat!

Any comments/criticism is greatly appretiated. ^^

This was my entry to a contest: http://news.deviantart.com/article/157455/
Last edited by aforementioned; Aug 24, 2011 at 02:09 AM.
I love the shading, and the ways their heads are attached to the sphere. Although the eyes need some work, as well as the bubbles, it's a great masterpiece. (Stupid stuff ahead) I love your imagination as well, the animals look like turtles mixed with sharks. I shall call them Thurks. Please, do keep the art coming.
That guy named Poppo
You know, the leader of Fyre.
i dont have any critics i like it at all and nice eel and dolphin mix
The head for both creatures look the same.

Try looking at a normal picture of a dolphin.
The shading is great and the concept is also good.
however the right thurk needs to be slimmer and more curved. 8/10
Poppo: Thanks! Ièll probably do what you say and put a bit more effort into the eyes (Btw, Ièm digginè the name "Thurks")

BleeE: Thanks you! I really appreciate it.

wozzy: I'm... Not entirely sure what you indended by that tbh...

Macrid: The nature of the contest made it difficult to get the proportions exact, (we were given a set of lines to start) but you're right, once it's over I'll put some work into that.
Last edited by aforementioned; Aug 25, 2011 at 04:12 AM.
Edit those eyes they look to big and human for such creatures. I'm stunned by that shading! You aced that part so good job! 7.5/10
I love this masterpiece.It looks perfect!Nice idea about putting that ball in between them,it looks like it's their egg.I would hang this picture on the wall in my room.10/10!
Originally Posted by aforementioned View Post

Macrid: The nature of the contest made it difficult to get the proportions exact, (we were given a set of lines to start) but you're right, once it's over I'll put some work into that.

Acknowledged