Toribash
Original Post
[Tex] Trying my Hand at Texturing
Before we judge too harshly, I'm a painter not a texture artist... But! Nonetheless I wanted to attempt some texturing at least once, and I think all in all it's not a horrible turn-out. There are tonnes of things I'd like to fix now but I merged the layers. X(

I browsed through the forums for a good hour finding all the tutorials I could about posting and creating, along with browsing other artists' work. It seems robot is a popular theme so that's what I went with.

The proportions messed with my head a little bit, and I could not decide what to do with the top... But here it is!

Show

(photoshop cs5)

Also I had no idea where to access the colours that fit the items so if anyone could help with that I'd be very appreciative.

Any C&C welcome and always will be ^.^

On a side note, a rough appraisal would also be nice

(btw pm if you'd like to make an offer, I'm not pushing the sale and I'm not putting it in market. But I'll consider selling. Apologies if this is prohibited here. )

Began Auction: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=298747
Last edited by aforementioned; Aug 27, 2011 at 08:45 AM.
Not bad at all, I think you will be a great texturer. the visor is a bit small though. 8/10
"Or maybe we're each other's dads?"
Quite amazing. Everything is align, and is quite metallic. Although, there are some things that needs adding. Perhaps a glow effect for the visor parts, and more noticable shading. Other than that, needless to say, 9/10.
That guy named Poppo
You know, the leader of Fyre.
I like the drawing, but there are some things you should keep in mind for heads in future.
When you have been drawing it, you probably were not checking it on a sphere too often. So, when you see it on sphere, it probably looks not as good as when it is just a picture, doesn't it? The mapping is a bit not good. The easiest way to make q head with a good mapping I know is drawing a sketch directly on the sphere (since you're using ps cs5).
Also, you could work on how the back looks. Checking out the head on a sphere more often can help.
All in all, your drawing skills will definetily make you one of the greatest artists out here, if you continue like that. As much as I have understood, this is your first head, right? If so, that's probably the best someone's first toribash head ever made xD
Anyways, keep up the good work.

Ps. <3 the vents on this head
art board mods: if they dont understand it its not cnc
I like the back side. It's more strictly and interestingly.
I think if you do front side in the back side-style it look better.
its very epic how the plates are shaped. 9/10

if you try to make that visor a little,little bit longer and put a glassy reflection on the visor and gimme an ingame prev, i will rate it 10/10 :3
hey.
One thing buggs me... The size of the visor and the " breath thingy" are way too small, in comparison to the rest of the head... rest is great
I'm Tasty and I know it.
I like Rocks.
Originally Posted by Arturix3 View Post
I like the drawing, but there are some things you should keep in mind for heads in future.
When you have been drawing it, you probably were not checking it on a sphere too often. So, when you see it on sphere, it probably looks not as good as when it is just a picture, doesn't it? The mapping is a bit not good. The easiest way to make q head with a good mapping I know is drawing a sketch directly on the sphere (since you're using ps cs5).
Also, you could work on how the back looks. Checking out the head on a sphere more often can help.
All in all, your drawing skills will definetily make you one of the greatest artists out here, if you continue like that. As much as I have understood, this is your first head, right? If so, that's probably the best someone's first toribash head ever made xD
Anyways, keep up the good work.

Ps. <3 the vents on this head

Thank you! That's exactly what I need!

I took almost everything you guys've said into account and got this:

Show

Larger visor, Larger "breath thingy", re-sized the circles on the sides and added reflections.
The contrast isn't great, it makes the head seem dull.
It's a bit blurry in some parts.
Still, a very good start.
8/10
T1cux: clan have eggs.