ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Clan League Public Prop Set up.

the details before this big op

This colour means it's a change and it is locked in for this year, unless I get a very good reason for it.
This colour means it's a maybe, I haven't decided and would like feedback/suggestions on it.

*TITLE*

** Intro spiel **

*RULES*

Clans must list ALL participants in their roster (Changes to roster after sign up period is prohibited.)
Users found in multiple rosters on alternate accounts will be punished and the clans involved will be disqualified (This includes multiple accounts found in one roster.).
Please note: It is your job to make sure and check with your roster in order to confirm they are not included in multiple rosters, or are included in a singular roster twice.
Failure to complete matches will result in disqualification in both clans unless proof is provided that one of the clans are making an effort to complete matches
Match scores should be clearly stated, as well as a list of participants and all replays.

*ROUNDS*

Straight KO. Randomised Seeding.

*Round Criteria*

Each clan will need at least 6 participants for this event.

This round (read as: the first round) will be best of 19. Each mod can only be played a maximum of 5 times.
Each person can only play a maximum of 4 games for their clan per match.

A randomly chosen clan will pick the first mod. After that, the clan that lost the match will pick the next mod.
Mods can not be played twice in a row.

Mod list:

boxshu_mushu_v5.tbm
aikidobigdojo.tbm
erthtkv2.tbm
lenshu3ng.tbm

*Proof of randomisation, either a video or a gif maybe. Probably done by using a spinner or maybe just an excel program with screen recording. I highly doubt I'll be doing it manually and making a video or anything.*

**Challonge Bracket **

Deadline for the group phase is ????, ??.

PRIZES

1st

Custom 3D Item
Clan Achievement Trophy
A choice of any item available for purchase (Excluding subscriptions, Tier Packs, and Tori packs)
18 Shiai Tokens
60K Clan Perk Points
500k TC

2nd

A choice of any item available for purchase (Excluding subscriptions, Tier Packs, and Tori packs, Tier VII+ Color Packs)
12 Shiai Tokens
30k Clan Perk Points
300k TC

3rd

A choice of any item available for purchase (Excluding subscriptions, Tier Packs, and Tori packs, Tier V+ Color Packs)
6 Shiai Tokens
15k Clan Perk Points
150k TC

You must have played at least ?? games in order to qualify for prizes.

We'd like to recommend that you organize your matches in the official Toribash server (link is in the Discord image) you are still welcome to use your own servers to organize matches, however.

NOTES::

THERE WILL BE DELAYS BETWEEN ROUNDS. BECAUSE BETS ARE BEING DONE BY ES.

Due to this, I won't allow early starting of matches, and depending on things, I may use an old system regarding the redraws of later rounds. But that depends on how many clans enter.
(All it really does is mean that the draw can be anyone vs anyone in any round. If you guys want an example of it being done, I'd refer you to the FA Cup in England, a football/soccer competition.)

Took out TP prize, will probably replace it with something else. Cause it's cheap now and allowing people to sell it got me some disgruntled DMs/pings from all kinds of people.

There have been changes to text that aren't coloured, but only cause they're just rephrasing, rather than actual changes to the system.

Changes :: This post had me change the boxshu mod from v5 to v3, with a reminder to make sure you guys turn off fracs manually.
Last edited by Icky; Apr 11, 2021 at 12:43 PM.
There is already a boxshu mushu mod with no frac... it's the v5 one. (Pretty sure)

If I was able to have one wish, it would be to live closer to my one true love Fred, his beard tastes so nice.
He is also a far superior tk player.
LegGang
Originally Posted by Fire View Post
There is already a boxshu mushu mod with no frac... it's the v5 one. (Pretty sure)

shows how much I know about Boxshu then.
If all the other settings are exactly the same then I'll just list V5 on the modlist.

Originally Posted by Rajen View Post
dont use the new grabs polz.

I don't plan on it, they're not as widely used in the competitive scene as yet to be worth including.
I'll include them if I do next years though I reckon.
This colour means it's a change and it is locked in for this year, unless I get a very good reason for it.
This colour means it's a maybe, I haven't decided and would like feedback/suggestions on it.

*TITLE*

** Intro spiel **

*RULES*

Clans must list ALL participants in their roster (Changes to roster after sign up period is prohibited.)
Users found in multiple rosters on alternate accounts will be punished and the clans involved will be disqualified (This includes multiple accounts found in one roster.).
Please note: It is your job to make sure and check with your roster in order to confirm they are not included in multiple rosters, or are included in a singular roster twice.
Failure to complete matches will result in disqualification in both clans unless proof is provided that one of the clans are making an effort to complete matches
Match scores should be clearly stated, as well as a list of participants and all replays.

*ROUNDS*

Straight KO. Randomised Seeding.

*Round Criteria*

Each clan will need at least 6 participants for this event.

This round (read as: the first round) will be best of 19. Each mod can only be played a maximum of 5 times.
Each person can only play a maximum of 4 games for their clan per match.

A randomly chosen clan will pick the first mod. After that, the clan that lost the match will pick the next mod.
Mods can not be played twice in a row.

Mod list:

boxshu_mushu_v3.tbm
aikidobigdojo.tbm
erthtkv2.tbm
lenshu3ng.tbm

*Proof of randomisation, either a video or a gif maybe. Probably done by using a spinner or maybe just an excel program with screen recording. I highly doubt I'll be doing it manually and making a video or anything.*

**Challonge Bracket **

Deadline for the group phase is ????, ??.

PRIZES

1st

Custom 3D Item
Clan Achievement Trophy
A choice of any item available for purchase (Excluding subscriptions, Tier Packs, and Tori packs)
18 Shiai Tokens
60K Clan Perk Points
500k TC

2nd

A choice of any item available for purchase (Excluding subscriptions, Tier Packs, and Tori packs, Tier VII+ Color Packs)
12 Shiai Tokens
30k Clan Perk Points
300k TC

3rd

A choice of any item available for purchase (Excluding subscriptions, Tier Packs, and Tori packs, Tier V+ Color Packs)
6 Shiai Tokens
15k Clan Perk Points
150k TC

You must have played at least ?? games in order to qualify for prizes.

We'd like to recommend that you organize your matches in the official Toribash server (link is in the Discord image) you are still welcome to use your own servers to organize matches, however.

NOTES::

THERE WILL BE DELAYS BETWEEN ROUNDS. BECAUSE BETS ARE BEING DONE BY ES.

Due to this, I won't allow early starting of matches, and depending on things, I may use an old system regarding the redraws of later rounds. But that depends on how many clans enter.
(All it really does is mean that the draw can be anyone vs anyone in any round. If you guys want an example of it being done, I'd refer you to the FA Cup in England, a football/soccer competition.)

Took out TP prize, will probably replace it with something else. Cause it's cheap now and allowing people to sell it got me some disgruntled DMs/pings from all kinds of people.

There have been changes to text that aren't coloured, but only cause they're just rephrasing, rather than actual changes to the system.

Changes :: This post had me change the boxshu mod from v5 to v3, with a reminder to make sure you guys turn off fracs manually.
Last edited by Icky; Mar 24, 2021 at 04:12 AM.
Looks good to me

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toribash Season 1 Rank 3 | Ex-ES Artist | Ex-Mascot of [Alpha]
CLAN LEAGUE 2019 WINNER
i think 3 games per player was fine and there wasn't really any need to change it, as it was in previous clan leagues (and of course 8 games is too much if it's straight K.O) so I'd like to suggest 3 games per player for prizes
pm me your questions or applications

https://i.imgur.com/1GWtVnU.png

dance with my dogs in the night time
cash to burn
i don't know if this is a good idea or not, but i think there should be an MVP prize for the single player with the highest win percentage during the whole event, but if you're not going to do it, i don't really mind anyway, i just thought this would be a good addition because i've never seen an MVP being crowned in the previous CLs.

i would like to know why this would also be a bad idea to do.
It's not a bad idea. It could be potentially difficult to choose though, I wouldn't want to make the call personally.

Granted, it could be just put down to a formula. Wins, Wins while behind, Wins across the modpool, Wins against high quality players, and whatever else that could be used...

It'd be a decision I'd agonize over, but to be fair it could be done much easier by mass vote somehow, although I'd have concerns over it turning into a popularity contest.
Last edited by Icky; Mar 23, 2021 at 09:05 AM.
i was thinking that you would do a formula to calculate how would be the MVP overall, and i don't think voting does enough justice for the players, because as you said it would be just a popularity contest.

i mean you could use the help of other ES members to calculate who would be the MVP using a formula that you've made or something, but it still sounds like it would be quite the hassle.

but thanks for your response again Icky, CL this year is looking mighty solid.