Ranking
im gonna be incredibly busy this summer but ill try my best to participate in as much as I can
shelby#8266
listen to my music! | commission me!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
#freeskizzify
so like those riots are getting a little out of hand recently
Quote: Melon Please change your signature to anything else.
Originally Posted by Zack View Post
so like those riots are getting a little out of hand recently

We need to learn that racism isn't acceptable in this era. I would've tortured those police officers way worse than they did to poor Floyd.
Last edited by azzeffir23; Jun 1, 2020 at 04:20 PM.
Eesh, let's get controversial.

I don't condone any form of racism and I do agree that it isn't acceptable, regardless of the era. But I gotta agree with Zack here. Initially, the situation began with protests, which I personally agree with and I believe that most people with a slight bit of sense would also advocate for. But a protest is different from the actions of a riot. Some people may argue that riots are more effective because violence triggers a greater response than the non-violent concept of protesting. However, when people are purposely using the ''riot'' situation as a means to steal PS4's and Airpods, then I believe that the situation has perpetuated beyond the means intended. protesting in honor of a lost life: yes I agree wholeheartedly and I respect anyone who would do it in a non-violent form. But, the blatant thieving and looting of businesses do not help portray the idea of institutional racism, it doesn't portray the idea that there must be change to social hierarchies.

In the UK, it comes across as many have the same opinion. A protest in honor of Mr. Floyd would be advantageous and would have a better-intended outcome, instead of causing violent riots to try and force an idea amongst ''racist'' groups, whilst stealing games consoles and attributing that to the memories and honor of a man, to me that is not only disrespectful to many business owners who are not racist, but also racist to the man who died because of the plague of racism.

I am in no way condoning racism, but it will never cease to exist. In a utopia, yes no racism and no crime is amazing, but when people have social differences there will always be conflict. As someone who performs studies and research on the fiscal impacts on social environments, I can easily say that like crime, racism is caused by differences, and more importantly ignorance. Where there is intelligence there must be ignorance and stupidy, otherwise, everyone would be lawyers, scientists, etc.

Why do I compare crime to racism? mostly due to the fact that most crime has been proven to be caused by 'relative poverty' and that the proportion of crime where there is a higher level of relative poverty is greater than those with fewer levels of relative poverty. As an accountant and expert in fiscal responsibilities, I can apply this to the same, but with racism. it seems as though racism is more prevalent amongst those of either very low standards of education or those with very little social interaction and genuine interactions with those of other ethnicities or races, therefore attributed to social environments and poor education.

I love to talk about social dilemmas.

Good discussion to have, but in this context, I think it has gone way too far. R.I.P George Floyd.
Last edited by Charm; Jun 1, 2020 at 07:56 PM.
i do beleave that the police officers should be held accountable for what they did to Floyd he diden't deserve to die because of a counterfeit 20 dollar bill he may have not even have known it was fake. also looting and burining down building and attack a old woman because she is white does not show me that you are fighting for George Floyd. but using his name as a way to vent your frustrations out on others. i do agree with we must protest the police. as a son with a father who has been in the police force for 26 years and he agrees with me that those officers where acting above the law and abusing there power. at the end of the day though looting businesses and lighting them on fire is not gonna send a message about police brutality its gonna make those who want to fight with you think that you are taking advantage of a situation. and making the situation worse

My condolences to George Floyd's family and to George Rest in Power Brother you Left us to soon
Quote: Melon Please change your signature to anything else.
if someone was to attack/murder/assault a police officer because of what another officer did to floyd, would that not be the exact discrimination we are fighting against?