Ranking
View Poll Results: What is your oppinion of the Ninja/Admin Hanz0?
Yes I like Hanz0 and think he is a wonderfull person
57 Votes / 55.88%
No I dont like Hanz0 for personal reasons
21 Votes / 20.59%
I have no say in the matter, or I dont want to get involved
24 Votes / 23.53%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Who's Hanz0?

I know a hanz0, but this capital lettered abomination has got to go.
--
On topic, if you have an issue with hanz0, it's most likely because you can't follow some of the extremely simple rules we have here. It's usually the people that get banned that complain about the strictness of the rules as well.

Here's some statistics. Counting Jarmund's mass bans, only 2% of all users have been banned. If we discount those, 4 in 1000 members have been banned. 4 in 1000. Lung cancer is more prevalent.

Even assuming every last one of those bans is unjust, there are far more important statistics you could be caring about than whether one admin is or isn't at the top of a popularity poll. Like whether or not any given Darfur war orphan has eaten in the past 24 hours.

And, in reality, a vast majority of those bans are perfectly justified. Several of them are on the same person. Many of those people are banned because they have proved again and again that they do not feel that the rules apply to them. That they think that either they're above the rules, or actually more qualified than us in understanding them.

Pro-tip: You guys don't know the rules better than we do. Sorry, but it's the truth.

The vast majority of people that complain about unjust bans do not get their bans repealed. Why? Because they're wrong, stupid, or otherwise incompetent. Not necessarily because we hate them, albeit that's a strong motivator for us to figure out how much we need to dig into their claims.

But in all likelihood, you're more likely to die of a heart attack than you are to be banned on the Toribash forums.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!
Terrible indeed...I hope I don't cross paths with him in the future.

Edit: double ninja'd
Last edited by Jetsnix; Sep 1, 2011 at 04:29 AM.
Originally Posted by suomynona View Post
Who's Hanz0?

I know a hanz0, but this capital lettered abomination has got to go.
--
On topic, if you have an issue with hanz0, it's most likely because you can't follow some of the extremely simple rules we have here. It's usually the people that get banned that complain about the strictness of the rules as well.

Here's some statistics. Counting Jarmund's mass bans, only 2% of all users have been banned. If we discount those, 4 in 1000 members have been banned. 4 in 1000. Lung cancer is more prevalent.

Even assuming every last one of those bans is unjust, there are far more important statistics you could be caring about than whether one admin is or isn't at the top of a popularity poll. Like whether or not any given Darfur war orphan has eaten in the past 24 hours.

And, in reality, a vast majority of those bans are perfectly justified. Several of them are on the same person. Many of those people are banned because they have proved again and again that they do not feel that the rules apply to them. That they think that either they're above the rules, or actually more qualified than us in understanding them.

Pro-tip: You guys don't know the rules better than we do. Sorry, but it's the truth.

The vast majority of people that complain about unjust bans do not get their bans repealed. Why? Because they're wrong, stupid, or otherwise incompetent. Not necessarily because we hate them, albeit that's a strong motivator for us to figure out how much we need to dig into their claims.

But in all likelihood, you're more likely to die of a heart attack than you are to be banned on the Toribash forums.

its an off-topic poll not one of the serious issues, give the ImANub guy a break
Originally Posted by KowlaBank View Post
its an off-topic poll not one of the serious issues, give the ImANub guy a break

This denies my ability to post an opinion how?
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The point of this thread isnt to argue its validity its to collect data about someone people are complaining about, and to see if they are just whiny little bitches or its a common consensus
Originally Posted by KowlaBank View Post

Why give him a break? Hees acting like hanz0's a person that's going around willy nilly banning people.

Behind every single ban, there's a valid reason for it.
I'll admit we've lifted a few bans. I'll even admit I've lifted a few of my own bans. It's just far less likely than, say, someone's just being a whiney bitch.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
Originally Posted by Jetsnix View Post
Why give him a break? Hees acting like hanz0's a person that's going around willy nilly banning people.

Behind every single ban, there's a valid reason for it.

Im not acting anything, im just going by what i have heard and was tired of hearing it. so i took a poll, thats all