ES Recruitment Drive
OOOOOOOOOOOOoohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

-----
Here's a very cool and technical match between me and Zwar in a tourney today.

Zwar starts with a clap and knowing he's from wapow i assume he would try to decap.
So i go with my "safe clinch" where i relax my upper body and retract my floor contacts.
I was wrong, zwar grabs hold of my leg and trys for an overturn single but i'm able stick foot on the ground preventing the takedown.
I start working for a decap but it fails to dismember and only fracs his neck while.
Zwar makes an attempt of his own, frac'ing my neck and shoulder.
Trying some dynamic gripping i ungrab and regrab his head while Zwar what sets up what almost looks like an uchi mata.
However i stop the throw and wrap up half guard. I try to drag his head on the ground but it fails.
After some space is made i try to drag his head again and he ungrabs just at that moment letting me take his head all the way to the floor.

GG Zwar.
Attached Files
aquita - zwar.rpl (93.4 KB, 7 views)
Last edited by footlox; Aug 31, 2016 at 08:28 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Leader of the Spyder House
Toribash Martial Artists
@ishi: Can you go a bit more on why 2 on 1 grabs are powerful ? The one I pulled off I managed to pull his arm in and pull off a left side half throw since his leg weren't contracted.

@Aquita: I managed to lock his legs ! Are you proud of me ? :OO
Last edited by iPrime; Sep 1, 2016 at 01:18 AM.
Haha! Ur mad!
In wargaming there is a concept called force multiplyers. For example hold a narrow pass agains a larger force. A two on one workes the same way. Snap downs are easier but less likely to dq them then as they rise back up you can execute a half or full throw using their upward thrust as they push back. It helps with finishes by providing a greater ability to drag that arm under you a you throw them Yes then can still post out the bridge. But you're more likely to end up in top control. And you can either regab for your prefered bridge counter or continue trying to drag their arm out from under them. Think of it as a control postion rather then how you kill them directly. Ill post a video in the vid thread reguarding this look for the kimura video. It explains it better than i can. Video is already there.
Last edited by monkeyishi; Sep 1, 2016 at 05:32 AM.
Originally Posted by iPrime View Post
@ishi: Can you go a bit more on why 2 on 1 grabs are powerful ? The one I pulled off I managed to pull his arm in and pull off a left side half throw since his leg weren't contracted.

@Aquita: I managed to lock his legs ! Are you proud of me ? :OO

Actually i saw that and was thinking when you throw somebody above you, you would want to minimize contact so they move freely. That hook might have made the throw harder.

But then again I might be wrong.
-----
Also i dont have a fucking clue what monkeyishi said but I have been having great success with 2 on 1 grips. I would simply put it as it gives you entire control of that limb and then the rest of their body will follow gracefully.
Last edited by footlox; Sep 1, 2016 at 06:36 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Leader of the Spyder House
Toribash Martial Artists
I'll try to find replays to demo this. Is it the way i set it out or my explainations that are hard to understand? At any rate what aquita said. Once you have the grabs most of your regular attacks will be stronger only small variations to them are needed as long as you underdstand why they work. Side note two hand grab on one of theirs is weaker you want a bit of distance between your grabs.
Or think of it like a stronger version of a same side hand and pec grab. If they can use their shoulder between you grabs it can make thows harder because they can counter arm swap during the throw.
@Ishi & Aquita: Thank you ! More footage of in-game or real life demonstrations would be great ! Take your time, no rush ! Thanks again, turn me on even more with words..!

I understand your explaination, Ishi. So there's no need for clarification !
Haha! Ur mad!
Is it possible to do the "thing" in 1:12 - 1:17 in-game ? Where he literally stops the pushing momentum and throws his opponent to the side. I want to pull that off. If there is a name of that "thing" please tell me I wanna look more into it so I can try represent it in-game.

Is it possible to do all of the things that were done in the video Ishi showed ? (In-game)

-Hooking the opponent's single leg while it is extended
-Using their own arm to throw them and make them land on their back
-Stop pushes and use it to throw them to the side
-Grabbing near their crotches and pushing them outside of the dojo
-Fast sweep that lower their upper body but raising their legs (basically in an almost upside down position)

Oh Oh ! Is it also possible to pull a cross-catch sweep against a snap kick ? Snap kicks in general, no matter what position. Does it slow down the pull and the sweep if your opponent grabs your shoulder, elbow, etc ? (In-game)
Last edited by iPrime; Sep 2, 2016 at 06:21 AM.
Haha! Ur mad!
what i mean by suck arm under you and them being able to post out of the throw with a two on one grip.
Attached Files
akido twiesdfds.rpl (56.7 KB, 6 views)
if you can figure out why a move works you should be able to translate it into toribash.
leg hooking works wonders i use it to help secure throws and sit heavy against suplexs
You can certainly use their arm to throw them over you.
crotch grabbing and lifting them out of the ring is boring. effective yes but the ability to put someone on their head in the ring is more fun.
upside down is also possible i play quick aikido mostly so the momentum is less visible. most throws later game come from being able to regain ground control to redirect their momentum.
getting the cross kick counter to work seems posible. it would need a good leg sweeping game, dynamic gripping to pass it over and the stars to align with the right kick. i'm pretty terrible against snap kicks. but it seems like some thing that is possible rare but possible.
Attached Files
akido leg catsvdsv.rpl (57.3 KB, 6 views)
akido throwrfsdfdsdf.rpl (49.4 KB, 5 views)
akido legsfdfssf.rpl (43.8 KB, 5 views)
akido spinesdd.rpl (49.3 KB, 5 views)