Ranking
Original Post
Philosophy
Welcome friends!
This thread was made for the purpose of obtaining and sharing knowledgeable lessons, values and morals. Here we share words of wisdom and power. I believe that such words can be successfully created by observing the world around you in search of obtainable qualities, and speaking wholesomely only when you have something legitimately useful to say; thus following the phrase "quality not quantity.". This thread is here to give us a place to put our quality filled beliefs and opinions. So go on, please post what you find to be quality lessons and such!

Mine: Think of wisdom as a clump of dough. Obtain dough from others and create more knowledge, building a larger clump of dough. Filter out harsh opinions and only add rational and reasonable ones. At the end of the day, you have a large, good cake! Split it up and share it with those around you.

WARNING! This may be a serious thread, but it was put in Off Topic because we do not want to turn this into a discussion thread. This thread is solely here to be used as a place to put out philosophy like posts while taking them in as well. Discussions are to be taken to PM, do not debate with other users in this thread. By posting here, you abide by the rule of no debating. You also agree that if you do, your posts can and should be reported so it can be handled by moderators for infracting and severing from the purpose of this thread and accept any punishments that may be given to you. This also applies to immature and not serious posts.

Do not post here if you do not agree to these conditions.

WeooWeoo

Ele

d3noth

Zelda

Squigling

Mintcat<3

thiggnest

Last edited by Aracoon; Apr 6, 2015 at 03:10 AM.
Life is worth living, regardless of what others tell you. Don't let others put you down and live your life to the fullest, where you can call yourself truly happy. Even if things are tough, there are people out there that are willing to help you.... That's something I like to live by... Thank you for making this thread, Aracoon.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
Thank you so much for not putting this in Discussion.

My philosophical beliefs? I don't think I could check any box. If I had to give it a label my philosophy would probably be called 'reasonable hedonism'. Do whatever makes you happen, within reason. You have to set certain parameters. Don't do anything that would send you to jail. Don't do anything that would hurt someone else. Don't go down a path that you know would be shit for your life.

The ultimate goal is happiness, yeah - but I think it's best to have the other stuff as well. Success, money, respect etc.
Telling people to check out your mixtape won't make you huge in the hip hop world, even though you're spiritual lyrical miracle individual.
"No mortal arse can quench my thirst."
Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.

The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique.

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

If you're trying to achieve, there will be roadblocks. I've had them; everybody has had them. But obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.
Last edited by desu; Apr 4, 2015 at 12:18 PM.
oxisudofrenohypoglycemolicodin
I believe that, while we should wonder why we, personally, do what we do and think what we think, there is no necessity to explain or justify our existence in order to continue existence as usual. It is fine to reject any universal worth or system of value but continue pretending that we matter because it tends to be a biological inevitability. Sometimes it is best to just accept that we can't help but view things in a clouded manner as a result of natural selection. Worrying too much about justifying morality can just lead to us trying to stop being human so we might as well just wing it and pretend we matter because that is what the brain is designed to do.

I hope at least some of that made some sort of sense.
Good morning sweet princess
To climb a mountain, you must have first lived on the ground.

If you follow your heart with passion, people will follow you in awe.

Living is harsh, it gives us tastes of hell, so that we all yearn for heaven.

If you can think of a time of great happiness,
then you could think of many times of sorrow.

Religion is a milestone, with a machine gun wielding maniac hiding behind.
ShhhMikes Moderated Message:
I need big juicy celery sticks ;3
“If you're going to try, go all the way. Otherwise, don't even start. This could mean losing girlfriends, wives, relatives and maybe even your mind. It could mean not eating for three or four days. It could mean freezing on a park bench. It could mean jail. It could mean derision. It could mean mockery--isolation. Isolation is the gift. All the others are a test of your endurance, of how much you really want to do it. And, you'll do it, despite rejection and the worst odds. And it will be better than anything else you can imagine. If you're going to try, go all the way. There is no other feeling like that. You will be alone with the gods, and the nights will flame with fire. You will ride life straight to perfect laughter. It's the only good fight there is.”

- Charles Bukowski
I think that it is very important to take five minutes out of your day, twice a day, to really relax. Stretch a bit and then lay/sit still, close your eyes and simply breathe. Do not think about anything. If your mind is restless you should think of what you appreciate in life.

Really liking these posts everybody! I appreciate the welcoming yet serious atmosphere.
Last edited by Aracoon; Apr 5, 2015 at 07:52 AM.