Toribash
Original Post
Openers
I only really have one opener and in doesn't really cut it while I am fighting high dan black belts. Can anyone link me a video or tell me how to do some good ones for ABD, and normal Aikido?

Thanks!
Noob-clap with contracted wrists.
Creati0n is the WORST Smite player EVER
relax all
contract pecs
contract elbows
contract wrists
enxtend hips
grab with both hands

SPACE

extend elbows
extend wrists

do what you think necessary from there.
Make your own openers...
I mean you are a brown belt.. you should have enough creativity to make openers without dq'ing yourself mate.
Just click random buttons and go from there.

i am a bird now - Lil B

Originally Posted by TimmyboyG View Post
Make your own openers...
I mean you are a brown belt.. you should have enough creativity to make openers without dq'ing yourself mate.
Just click random buttons and go from there.

I agree. You can easily make openers by random clicking or just getting inspiration from people you play against. Even if you are not creative there are move tutorials out there such as.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTKHY9HAI8I
That is one tut that is decently useful(I used it when I was a blue belt) there are a lot more out there so just search for them if you like.

Hope I helped!
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
Noob-clap with contracted wrists.

Contracting your wrist makes it easier and safer to do moves such as suplexes and other throw's where normally your hands would be at risk for dq. But speaking from experience and being a Team Aikido member practicing without contracting your wrists will help you get a better understanding of manipulation of the tori's and how to get better leverage over your opponent in order to not dq via your tori's hands. It may be slightly harder and you will lose more often but its setting you down a more proper path. if you need any more advanced techniques in the future feel free to come to our org. page and watch our members replays or read our guides
>>Link to TA>>http://forum.toribash.com/forumdisplay.php?f=484
Another further note: Understanding that you're new I welcome you and hope that you enjoy and continue to play toribash
Last edited by Zorow; Jan 11, 2015 at 06:13 AM.
♥Team Aikido♦OoT♣Team Lenshu♠
~Link is my personal Dj
Well opener isn't a big thing in aikido or ABD for me. I simply use any sort like contracting both wrists and pecs. You can always find a whole bunch of ways to use your openers and your opponents can read you like if you were a book.

The Post below to Team Aikido is helpful as well. I would recommend clicking the link in that post.
The Smoke Will Never Clear
#LLPS 💙💫
Originally Posted by Zorow View Post
Contracting your wrist makes it easier and safer to do moves such as suplexes and other throw's where normally your hands would be at risk for dq. But speaking from experience and being a Team Aikido member practicing without contracting your wrists will help you get a better understanding of manipulation of the tori's and how to get better leverage over your opponent in order to not dq via your tori's hands. It may be slightly harder and you will lose more often but its setting you down a more proper path. if you need any more advanced techniques in the future feel free to come to our org. page and watch our members replays or read our guides
>>Link to TA>>http://forum.toribash.com/forumdisplay.php?f=484
Another further note: Understanding that you're new I welcome you and hope that you enjoy and continue to play toribash

I'm actually not sure about contracting wrists (you guys seem to like it) since I easily break my wrists and hands off that way, so could you please explain in further detail how it helps with not DQing?
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of dismemberment and decapitation.
Originally Posted by CayDay47 View Post
I'm actually not sure about contracting wrists (you guys seem to like it) since I easily break my wrists and hands off that way, so could you please explain in further detail how it helps with not DQing?

you have control over the other player's arms, and have the inside grab if they don't contract. Also it can help stop a grab glitch.