Ranking
Originally Posted by CayDay47 View Post
I'm actually not sure about contracting wrists (you guys seem to like it) since I easily break my wrists and hands off that way, so could you please explain in further detail how it helps with not DQing?

Contracting your wrists make it so that you have an inside grab on your opponent so say if both of your hands are going to touch outside of the ring, since you hand is on the inside and theirs on the out side. theirs is the only one that will touch the ground in most cases. Playing with not contracted wrists makes it so that you have to in a sense "over extend" your opponent in order to not dq via your hands will post replays of both in a few minutes. So to put it in perspective contracting your wrist keeps that area out of dq 90% of the time.
With not contracting you have a 50-50 chance if that area is in risk of dq.
So it is more rewarding to practice with you wrist Non-contracted
Attached Files
Non-Contracted wrists.rpl (35.7 KB, 6 views)
Contracted wrists.rpl (33.0 KB, 6 views)
Last edited by Zorow; Jan 12, 2015 at 12:16 AM.
♥Team Aikido♦OoT♣Team Lenshu♠
~Link is my personal Dj
Originally Posted by Zorow View Post
Contracting your wrists make it so that you have an inside grab on your opponent so say if both of your hands are going to touch outside of the ring, since you hand is on the inside and theirs on the out side. theirs is the only one that will touch the ground in most cases. Playing with not contracted wrists makes it so that you have to in a sense "over extend" your opponent in order to not dq via your hands will post replays of both in a few minutes. So to put it in perspective contracting your wrist keeps that area out of dq 90% of the time.
With not contracting you have a 50-50 chance if that area is in risk of dq.
So it is more rewarding to practice with you wrist Non-contracted

In other words, Zorow is trying to say that contracting your wrists gives you a firm grip. For example when you're in an ABD match, you can contract your wrists and your opponent may not contract their wrists. Then all of a sudden in the middle of the match, your opponent's wrist DMs (breaks off). Contracting your wrists saves you from situations at times. And I've heard many times that wrists are the most important in a match (Not always important).
The Smoke Will Never Clear
#LLPS 💙💫
Originally Posted by JayXManHD View Post
In other words, Zorow is trying to say that contracting your wrists gives you a firm grip. For example when you're in an ABD match, you can contract your wrists and your opponent may not contract their wrists. Then all of a sudden in the middle of the match, your opponent's wrist DMs (breaks off). Contracting your wrists saves you from situations at times. And I've heard many times that wrists are the most important in a match (Not always important).

No, That's not at all what i'm saying. I'm saying that in the instance that both you and your opponents wrists are about to tap outside of the ring that if your tori's wrist are contracted and theirs is not then(they are on the out side) then your hands are safe from dq. think of it as a ball, there is an inside and a outside you if that ball is about to touch something, is it going to touch the inside or out side? With that being said if your hand is on the outside then you are at risk of touching out and dq yourself so you have to find another way to dq then because they are on the "inside" i.e. throwing and suplexing to where no one's hands touch the ground.
♥Team Aikido♦OoT♣Team Lenshu♠
~Link is my personal Dj