Ranking
Original Post
what is a cork and how do it?
I often meet people talking about cork in Toribash

my question what is cork, examples, perhaps?
and then I also wanna know how to do cork, what's the science behind doing a cork in Toribash?

ty
dude
view this replay
i do a cork in the second jump
-----
dude
watch this replay the cork is in the second jump
Attached Files
mo.rpl (85.3 KB, 50 views)
mo.rpl (85.3 KB, 12 views)
Last edited by AlphanowGD; Jan 21, 2015 at 01:07 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
[OFRO] | [MLO] | [LoP] | [TMM] | [TTO]
PM If Want This Cheaper
First of all, Alpha, that is not a corkscrew.

A corkscrew is basically a 360° turn in both directions, horizontal aswell as vertical.
Its when you are doing a backflip while rotating to the left or to the right.

I can't really state examples right now, since I'm not on my main pc where all the replays are, so I can't really show you the science behind a cork or how to do it. But there are enough replays and cork tutorials (beginners who tried to do a cork for the first time) out there that can show you how to do it.
Originally Posted by AlphanowGD View Post
dude
view this replay
i do a cork in the second jump
-----
dude
watch this replay the cork is in the second jump

that's not a cork

ay

here's a cork. the gist of a cork is using one leg to get your vertical spin, while the other gets the horizontal spin. the leg on the floor makes you flip over, backwards or to the side, whereas the other gets you the spin

the angle of a cork can be quite different

essentially a 360 backflip off of one leg, swinging the other leg through
Attached Files
Trickionary - pose..rpl (187.7 KB, 56 views)
baha
The corkscrew/cork and its example/description is on this page: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=450187
It can also help you if you don't know any other tricks or things like that.
Originally Posted by Dezrai View Post
that's not a cork

ay

here's a cork. the gist of a cork is using one leg to get your vertical spin, while the other gets the horizontal spin. the leg on the floor makes you flip over, backwards or to the side, whereas the other gets you the spin

the angle of a cork can be quite different

essentially a 360 backflip off of one leg, swinging the other leg through

Thx for clarifying. I never knew cork is short for corkscrew or what does it even mean. I thought maybe it's meant to be like champagne cork going off or something.

Originally Posted by Zockinator View Post
First of all, Alpha, that is not a corkscrew.

A corkscrew is basically a 360° turn in both directions, horizontal aswell as vertical.
Its when you are doing a backflip while rotating to the left or to the right.

I can't really state examples right now, since I'm not on my main pc where all the replays are, so I can't really show you the science behind a cork or how to do it. But there are enough replays and cork tutorials (beginners who tried to do a cork for the first time) out there that can show you how to do it.

Thx.

Originally Posted by AlphanowGD View Post
oh ok

At least thx for try. You can always try to answer on my threads, I don't mind, maybe next time you'll stick it.

Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
The corkscrew/cork and its example/description is on this page: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=450187
It can also help you if you don't know any other tricks or things like that.

Thx.

Essentially, I watched that video of quite good static cork, I guess. Yet, can somebody explain me what he did mid air and why did it work. Because when I go into replay from the E, I get 180 degrees less rotation and dunno how to look cool mid-air.

Can somebody watch that linked replay and elaborate for me please,!