ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Better joints Without Shaders
I was doing a set and realized that joints with texture, they get a better quality, it could be done without the textures? The look of the game would be better, in my opinion.

Maybe with a script?

=============================

======================

I made a folder with all joint textures, if you want to try, download it, and extract to "C:/games/Toribash 4.0/custom" folder, and /lp 0 joints

ONLY WORKS IN 4.0 AND ABOVE

Maybe i'll work on a script for it. Maybe.
Attached Files
joints.rar (14.1 KB, 21 views)
Last edited by Pedro; Sep 23, 2012 at 03:55 AM.
o7
Originally Posted by Gradeger View Post
You realize that you don't make any sense, Skulfuk

Just making sure you know

Actually I make perfect sense, just you're obviously a moron who doesn't understand the basics of how hardware works.

If you increase the poly count to smooth shit out it instantly rules out shitty hardware - the same shitty hardware that can't handle the basic vertex shaders used to smooth them in the first place.

As I said, adding this as an option would be pointless, hardware that can't do shaders isn't capable of pushing that many polys at an acceptable frame rate. All you're doing is requesting something that will make the game unplayable. Increased poly count = more GPU power required.

Learn the basics before you try & make me look like an idiot, because you failed miserably.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Well, my PC can't run shaders, but goes perfectly with it, in normal FPS.
Btw, i'll try to make a script for people who likes it ^^'
o7
I really like what you did with the joints, I love smooth joints, but I run on a laptop, so I have to play on low or minimum. I think doing this would be a great addition to the game.
Noobs complain about moves, pros adjust to them.
Roflmao451 ~ 4th Dan.
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
Actually I make perfect sense, just you're obviously a moron who doesn't understand the basics of how hardware works.

If you increase the poly count to smooth shit out it instantly rules out shitty hardware - the same shitty hardware that can't handle the basic vertex shaders used to smooth them in the first place.

As I said, adding this as an option would be pointless, hardware that can't do shaders isn't capable of pushing that many polys at an acceptable frame rate. All you're doing is requesting something that will make the game unplayable. Increased poly count = more GPU power required.

Learn the basics before you try & make me look like an idiot, because you failed miserably.

It could be another one of the checkboxes in options. That way, everyone is happy.
meh
. viiiiiiiid
Originally Posted by opedro View Post

thanks alot for the script :3 can't wait to see it :o

and this post actually proves it IS possible to run the vertex shader for the poly amount, yet not handle the shaders itself... hence HE doesn't lag does he?
Blargharghag
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post

Originally Posted by opedro View Post

Really, Skulfuk?

Really?
ugly
Originally Posted by zGh05T View Post
thanks alot for the script :3 can't wait to see it :o

and this post actually proves it IS possible to run the vertex shader for the poly amount, yet not handle the shaders itself... hence HE doesn't lag does he?

No, no lag, my onboard is a Intel GMA 3100, processor is a Intel Celeron @ 2.66GHz, and it runs perfectly.
o7
The flat shading was there too indicate the axis of the joints.

We are doing an upgrade to the graphics engine now, I might be able to add an option for that too.
Originally Posted by hampa View Post

We are doing an upgrade to the graphics engine now, I might be able to add an option for that too.

Oh god, thank you hampa
ugly
Originally Posted by hampa View Post

It wont let the game slower?
<&ghm> sabe oque me atrai em você?
<&ghm> seu campo gravitacional.