Ranking
Original Post
stock folder
hi, hampa needs a new stock folder for 5.0 and i'm putting it together

but i'm not putting it together myself, i need help from everyone of you guys to decide on the replays

it will be an entirely new folder so the ones currently in stock are up for vote too

we have a few months to decide and remember, the folder can have as many as we please as long as they're stock worthy

if one of the replays requires a certain mod that is not in the game already and it is required to view the replay i can have it added to 5.0 so the replay can be viewed properly

so let's get the discussion going as to what replay's everyone thinks deserve to be in stock this time around
Last edited by millie; May 4, 2015 at 07:07 AM.
Current stock replays that I think are unworthy:

Ceteris Paribus, because it's messy and has a bunch of self-ghosting

Zawesomeness, because it's outdated as fuck

Perfect tk boom, I am not certain about this, feeling that we need MORE mp stock replays, but because stuff like that happens every other day in tk servers I deem it unworthy.

ShoryukenSplit, because it's outdated

0headkick, because it shouldn't even be called a replay and as it's the first replay new players see they all go and make their own HEADKICKZ XXDDD. It's toxic quite simply

Personal favorites that I consider a must keep:

What have I become

The Jhx experience

Oblivion

Mistakes I have forgotten

Swexx vs Largekilla

Presto manifesto

Frenchcore Killa

Divine

P_B Twist

Demo

Everything else in the current stock is neutral to me.

Stuff that should be put in:

More Swex stuff, especially this one

Internet stuff (I don't keep my stuff sorted and my harddrive just got destroyed, pusga and larfen probably has a bunch of nice things ready :u)

NotNoob stuff

Zeto stuff

More Largekilla

More pusga

More Oblivion

A lot more hacking, we need properly hacked replays in default if we want to boost growth in the community, no DM hacks obviously.

Official record replays

Stuff that I personally want put in:

This,

This, for the same reason carousel was put it.
I feel like people spend too much time and attention on hardcore booms rather than movement in Ukebashes

And this because we need hacks

Are we even allowed to vouch for ourselves? whatever
Last edited by jisse; May 4, 2015 at 01:41 PM.
Obviously fast forward.
We should get some hacked replays in there c:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|
hacked replays are cool. needs more tricking, because tricking is a pretty big thing when people get into realism.
linking myself because i got examples (totally)
M I N I V A N
a record or two and some hax would be fabulous. would also be cool to see replays with mods, like environment mods (hi jisse) since the modding community needs a boost.

people who IMO should get in:
internet (duh)
NotNoob
Flash (would be good to get some tricking in like someone already mentioned above)
zeto
a double gravity replay would be really cool aswell, but make sure to say that it is double gravity in the title, a lot of people might not notice.
i wouldnt mind some more multiplayer aswell

and like jisse said,d it is somewhat pointless to have some of the old stuff in there for the sake of tradition. we could remove some of the stuff that doesnt live up anymore
I'd argue against removing ShoryukenSplit. It's quite a classy replay, even if it's somewhat slow by today's standards. I don't know how else to say it other than it's mesmerizing. It doesn't cause my jaw to drop, but I always am willing to watch it to the end if I browse over it.

Dafe's replays are simplistic, but appealing. He rarely goes beyond a simple combo, but the combo almost always looks oddly... realistic. Like I could actually do that move in real life.

Also, at least one of the fastest total dismemberment records should be in there. I'm surprised they haven't been considering how much people gasm over dismembers.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Originally Posted by pusga View Post
a record or two and some hax would be fabulous. would also be cool to see replays with mods, like environment mods (hi jisse) since the modding community needs a boost.

people who IMO should get in:
internet (duh)
NotNoob
Flash (would be good to get some tricking in like someone already mentioned above)
zeto
a double gravity replay would be really cool aswell, but make sure to say that it is double gravity in the title, a lot of people might not notice.
i wouldnt mind some more multiplayer aswell

and like jisse said,d it is somewhat pointless to have some of the old stuff in there for the sake of tradition. we could remove some of the stuff that doesnt live up anymore

I agree with flash and notnoob hardcore

but flash really shines in mutliplayer imo and its kind of amazing he can pull off these crazy movements in mutiplayer. i just dont have a replay in mind, but flash tricking does sound really good aswell.

also notnoob has like 2 really good replays I dont have the other one but i have my personal favorite. (pusga post I FORGOT for me please)

for zeto idk he has alot of good replays i just don't know which one would work.
Attached Files
Reaping or sleeping.rpl (214.3 KB, 33 views)
Last edited by Internet; May 4, 2015 at 07:53 PM.
I feel like this will be a really neat discussion but I'm under heavy fire by exams so I won't be able to get some more detailed input in here until Friday.

Till then some stuff I must press:

Mistakes I have forgotten - It was nice while it lasted but we should exchange it with something more recent like one of Flash's replays, or Stevy or someone else who is the top in tricking right now.

Hacking wasn't looked fondly by some of the people organizing the previous folders because it "gave the impression to newcomers that they could do it" or something silly of that sorts. Though I think it's a great idea to add it since even in GM events it's one of the standard rules to disallow it, which is fairly toxic and non-progressive.

As for the replay to add to represent hacking: NutHug's "rayman" or his "golem". Those are a perfect representation as to why he is clearly above all other replay-makers in Toribash, and the finest degree of hacking to be made yet.
We're still kids in buses longing to be free.