TA Recruitment
Original Post
Playing this game is too much of a commitment
This is not much of a suggestion, more of a critique.

I believe that the main reason this game hasn't attracted more people is that you have to be unemployed or a kid to enjoy it. Any time you want to play Toribash, you can't click a button and start playing. You have to get in a server and wait. Let's say it has 5 players which sounds about average: you have to wait 5-10+ minutes every time you want to play. If you lose, which is more likely for a new player, back you go to the queue.
Playing a couple of <5m games could take you half an hour for no good reason.

I don't have any suggestion but I think this is by far the worst aspect of the game and should be given consideration.
Last edited by Dinis; Dec 11, 2019 at 09:16 PM.
I guess that's the appeal to quick aikido... in my mind the only other alternative would be a total redesign of the queue system.

A redesign of the queue system is unlikely and would piss off virtually everybody. In my mind it would be that everyone plays and it rotates the players.
This hasn't been done because it's a stupid idea.

An alternative would be quicker mods, although this would likely get really repetitive with a smaller range of play styles.


This game suffers from a very unique style that is hard for newcomers, which is what is both good and bad about it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aimlessly swimming in circumcisions
Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
I guess that's the appeal to quick aikido... in my mind the only other alternative would be a total redesign of the queue system.

A redesign of the queue system is unlikely and would piss off virtually everybody. In my mind it would be that everyone plays and it rotates the players.
This hasn't been done because it's a stupid idea.

An alternative would be quicker mods, although this would likely get really repetitive with a smaller range of play styles.


This game suffers from a very unique style that is hard for newcomers, which is what is both good and bad about it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Don’t be ridiculous. The lobby system is atrocious and outdated. The games “style” has nothing to do with the fact that I have to sometimes wait twenty minutes to play one boxshu match.
Last edited by Gouyard; Dec 12, 2019 at 07:27 AM.
I think it would be cool if there was some linearity to toribash that surrounded the idea of the community already in place. Maybe if there was like a set dojo where black belts could be super cool and the master belts could like, train the new guys. It would be hilarious and fun.
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
reminder that spending time meaninglessly when technology allows you not to spend time is backwards thinking.
-----
for tourneys you could, for example, follow thislayers join the tourney and get put into a normal waiting room. let's call it room 1.
once room 1 gets enough players, they get matched in pairs into rooms 1.1, 1.2, etc.


can't it all be so simple
Last edited by Dinis; Jan 16, 2020 at 01:18 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Eh. People spend hours in queues for league, clash royale, and whatever else. I think the childish, sometimes stupid put bad rules / ideas into place, and add a bad atmosphere to the game. Ever since I started playing TB I had issues with staff members being mean and shit, that made me not want to play.


Games like League, etc, don't 'hire' 15 year olds out of their mothers basements to run games like TB does.
Originally Posted by Wounder View Post
Eh. People spend hours in queues for league, clash royale, and whatever else. I think the childish, sometimes stupid put bad rules / ideas into place, and add a bad atmosphere to the game. Ever since I started playing TB I had issues with staff members being mean and shit, that made me not want to play.


Games like League, etc, don't 'hire' 15 year olds out of their mothers basements to run games like TB does.

people queue for 10 minutes for a 40 minute game in league, Toribash games are like 5 minutes tops
What wait time? jo priv and 1v1, no wait. That was the solution devised after dev considered wait times, I'm guessing. Plus some people like the wait between matches.
Originally Posted by DrGonz View Post
What wait time? jo priv and 1v1, no wait. That was the solution devised after dev considered wait times, I'm guessing. Plus some people like the wait between matches.

That is not a solution, rather an alternative. I don't like to wait between my matches, so I should have the option of decreasing the time. I've stopped playing public tournaments and even event tournaments all together because of how excruciatingly long it takes, and the rarity of them actually happening. I should have the option to be able to just get on Toribash, join a lobby, and be able to play some quick games.