Toribash
Original Post
Events Board Organizational Idea
Hey there, I thought I'd share my idea to help clean up the event board.

The Events board which should primarily be used to announce upcoming and current tournaments in forum, art, and in-game is filled to the brim with videos. Now in fairness, a good deal of these threads are asking for user input, so I understand the need. I think what would be better for organizational purposes is make a "Video Collaboration" sub-board in either the Entertainment and Media Board or Events board, segregating the two very different identities from one another. It'd be easier for the GMs and others to get their events well attended to, and people interested in being part of videos would have a clearer place to visit.

*Edit* in response to Fates: That's great that the GMs have there threads stickied, so I guess that makes that point void. That being said many users are hosting events as we speak with no official affiliations and you might have a hard time seeing them from all the videos.
Last edited by Bodhisattva; Jan 27, 2016 at 06:46 PM.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
We sticky our events to the top so it's not a problem for us.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[VIBE] 2015~2016 | Team Pokemon | [Origin] 2014~2015 | Team Aikido | [Obey] ~Because Frost Said So...
yeh, I totally agree with this. There are enough video threads to merit a subforum and it would stop people having their events lost among all the video threads

supupupported
However as moop explained I believe that the various types of events should get their own sub boards. The types being; Video, Art, Tournament, and Replay.

*tell me if I'm missing any

Supported
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[VIBE] 2015~2016 | Team Pokemon | [Origin] 2014~2015 | Team Aikido | [Obey] ~Because Frost Said So...
I support this as well.

Though is all fairness it isn't "needed". If your event is popular then it will end up on the first page most of the time just from traffic. Only reason it would fall to later pages is if its a trash event and no one is signing up. Besides that you can also pay to get a banner on the forum for your event. Sponsorship for a free banner and possibly a sticky is also a thing.

Take my event for example, its not sticked, but it has not left the first page of the events forum once. hasn't even seen a spot lower then like 6th or so on the first page.
AnimePlanetMyAnimeListDiscord: Kohta#1577 • NikosTunaPouffyAubreyGuessTenRythm
• No longer "active" on Toribash. Leave a PM if you need something, I'll eventually see it. •
• Crippled/Disabled girls are the best girls a guy could have. •
i can see it being moved as subboard to entertainment and media, it will stop being an empty board while making events less flooded.