Ranking
Original Post
Composting the dead
Hi, doing my masters in Architecture, came across a concept put forward by an architect that talks about composting the dead as a means of rejuvenating poor soil conditions, or even for urban farming; while also answering the question of what we do with our dead because cremation is very environmentally unfriendly and a cemetary is a wholly impractical way of dealing with the issue (in terms of land use and the knock on effects therein). There are also mushrooms that eat the body and turn it into oxygen, which is pretty huge, if the question were about this method would your answer change?
In the book she details that urine would speed up the process, but doesn't add this to the composting mix as it could be seen as disrespectful.
I agree that it could be seen as such but I'm curious as to how people generally feel about the idea.
The few people I've spoken to about the idea have been very pragmatic about it. "I'm dead, doesn't matter."
Curious to see what the different attitudes to this are.

Thank you thanks.

Poll below:
https://strawpoll.com/6qppj1d53
Last edited by Erth; Oct 7, 2020 at 07:09 AM. Reason: spelling and grammar, it's late and i'm tired
She/They

Yeah, I only don't like erthtkv2 because of the mod's name. Make it "tkv2," and the mod will instantly become more popular. This is a valid reason as the name of the mod is still an important feature that no one seems to have yet discussed.