Ranking
Original Post
Having anxiety around people sucks sh*t.
so like, i have really bad anxiety right?
like, ill be in class right? and class is over, were transitioning and stuff, people are you know chatting around, then theres me in the way back of class, avoiding all possible social interaction. like seriously. i talk to someone, and it feels like any mistake results in a death sentence. which really sucks, cuz i got a crush you know? i need advice.

EDIT: sometimes ill have anxiety around my own FAMILY. i dont know if that is normal for people with anxiety?`i need help with this dilemma.
Last edited by Slymash; Apr 6, 2011 at 03:42 AM.
my ears are full of shrek
this may be unhelpful, but i have a friend who is the same way, and he dropped out of high school half way through because he couldn't handle it and is now doing home schooling. it is working out for him, so maybe it might be right for you. just a thought. he also see's a therapist
Hampa> dont loose if you want to be ranked high :)
Hampa> yeah, a timeless wisdom right there
i dont think i can leave my school. my best friend from 3rd grade goes there and we have the same classes.
shucks...

what im doing works for my mental wellfare, but my social wellfare has taken a serious downturn.
and i have that crush...
Last edited by Slymash; Apr 5, 2011 at 08:11 AM.
Well, you could try using willpower. I don't know much about anxiety, but I don't people are...rude enough to ridicule profusely because you made a mistake in your speech.

I hear hello is an excellent icebreaker.
Last edited by ivolt; Apr 5, 2011 at 10:21 PM.
My seniority means you should probably just agree with everything I say
Originally Posted by ivolt View Post
Well, you could try using willpower. I don't know much about anxiety, but I don't people are...rude enough to ridicule profusely because you made a mistake in your speach.

I hear hello is an excellent icebreaker.

OMG BRO IT'S SPEECH. GOD. LERN TO SPELL MY GOD

^Things like that probably won't happen in real life. It'd be awkward for them. Just say hello. What's the worst that can happen?
Thanks.
I had my years of that, bro. Don't worry about it, there's always something that can help. This may sound ridiculous, but I cured my anxiety by heading into my local ravines all day, just exploring nature. I would build fires, make s'mores, and sometimes bring a friend or family member along. It really boosted my bravery and confidence, for some reason. It's very relaxing out there in the wilderness. I live near Lake Michigan, so I would always hear the waves when I camped out in my woods or such. If you need to talk some more, you can always talk to me.
Originally Posted by jxc1013 View Post

^Things like that probably won't happen in real life. It'd be awkward for them. Just say hello. What's the worst that can happen?

>.< subtle man, thanks for letting me know.

But yeah he has a point, whats the worst that could happen?
Be confident, thats it. That's all there is too it.

Interesting though, perhaps you have agoraphobia. But it seems you are afraid of speaking to people rather just being afraid of them.
My seniority means you should probably just agree with everything I say
It's something of a catch 22 - you build confidence by acting with confidence - but how do you do that if you don't have confidence? Honestly, you just have to jump in and hope for the best, and realize that it gets easier over time. This comes from simply deciding that you are ok with who you are right now - flaws and all - and that you are interested in changing. You will not become instantly confident, but this clears the path to get there.

Recently I had to give a presentation to about 100 people and I thought I was going to pass out from nerves, but I was determined to boldly go where I had never gone before - and although I was nervous as hell, it went great. And now I feel a bit better about the next time I have to do it.
Last edited by Logic; Apr 6, 2011 at 12:51 AM.
Originally Posted by jxc1013 View Post

my anxiety is severely overwhelming. like, im liable to pass out when near large crowds of people.
i fell lucky i havent yet.
Just jump into a conversation when something you can comment on comes up. I'm not very social and have only a few friends but I see this is what my outgoing friend does, he will just randomly jump in and comment on what ever it was they were talking about. It seems to work since he knows just about everyone. That seems like the best idea, anyway.

You could just do what I do and ignore everyone I don't know unless they speak to me first, which case I'm only replying so I don't seem weird. Then you can always just fantasize about your crush and hope one day you get the courage to talk to her or w/e.
Selling Kung Fu Master Beard $250 USD. Non-negotiable. Now accepting bitcoin! I'll accept an offer as low as 0.15BTC!
Pretend you're as elite as us old schoolers with this unique old schooler only beard!
DesertPunk

Please click this
Visit Buy something from my Poor Quality 3D/2D/Pixel/Photography/Sounds/Writing/Scripts/Anything Shop