ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Personal Muting
All the unused commands in Toribash, one that would be of actual use would be the ability to block/mute individual members in a server.

Say, you have a buddy list type interface, which allows you to mute any member in a lobby, which simply whites out or denies their posts from appearing for you. Though, if you reconnect, or leave a server, the list refreshes, to show members in the current room you're in.

However, there can be other features. Disabling Whispers specifically, permanently adding a player to your mute list, and so on.

This would be a great asset when you don't want to see or talk to players of annoyance, or want to mute players speaking in other languages. It would prevent spam that's inevitable (Unless an OP moderates it) and a lot of player hatred could simply be avoided if this was an option.

I want to hear what you guys think about this :O
Last edited by Lazors; Mar 18, 2015 at 06:35 AM. Reason: Don't encourage stupid posts.
|[TA]|[MLO]|Team Pokemon|
Fear sucks eggs
RETRO ALSO LIKES MEN -bands
I think it has been suggested before, but yes I definitely think this should be an option
Lazors Moderated Message:
Read the rules, don't backseat moderate. This post adds absolutely nothing to the suggestion.
Last edited by Lazors; Mar 18, 2015 at 06:33 AM.
still should be an option, there is the ignore script but it is a bitch to set up and get working.
"I don't need a safety word because my mother didn't raise no quitter." ~BaraYaoi - BDSM Expert
My eyes hurt when vicious racists like Scorpio, Jtank, Moop and Wizard are all flaming the dreaded N word. I would love to be able to mute them so I can instead listen to much kinder non-racist people such as irookie.

There is already scripts that allow this but I don't see why it isn't fully implemented into the game. Definitely should happen.
Originally Posted by FistofLife View Post
My eyes hurt when vicious racists like Scorpio, Jtank, Moop and Wizard are all flaming the dreaded N word. I would love to be able to mute them so I can instead listen to much kinder non-racist people such as irookie.

There is already scripts that allow this but I don't see why it isn't fully implemented into the game. Definitely should happen.

heh the bolded and underlined are just put there so i can laugh at them :3

about the scripts, like i said they are a bitch so set up if you don't really know how to set them up, and then the commands can be lengthy or hard to type and it ends up being more efficient just to deal with the person.
"I don't need a safety word because my mother didn't raise no quitter." ~BaraYaoi - BDSM Expert
I'm going to add on to this and suggest that all these ingame features could be accessible through the forums, by adding then to the user cp. (ingame ignore list, etc)

Overall, the only problems I see in implementing this, is the abuse that could be summed up by some clever bad guys and the lack of communication in important servers. This, however, is only a minor problem that could probably be solved if something like "user whispered is ignoring you" popped up. I really have no clue why this isn't an option already.
Originally Posted by Day View Post
still should be an option, there is the ignore script but it is a bitch to set up and get working.

Took me all of 5 minutes and it works perfectly.
My signature was too long so I got this pretty rainbow here instead now. Isn't it nice? This is a nice rainbow.

Risk did this to me and I hate him forever, please join the official "Fuck Risk in the Ass With a Live Bat" social group to join me in hating Risk:
Click here to join my cult to fuck Risk in the ass with a live bat
This would be a great and lovely feature. (I'm not a racist or a hater of any kind), but id like to mute other people who just spam random things in the chat, and/or a different language I don't speak. I don't see a reason for it to clog my chat when I don't even understand it in the first place.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
I <3 THIS IDEA!
i am constantly bombarded with noobs trying to get "loans", or just persistently begging. Etc. (atleast 10 times a day)
(maybe just add an option so i can block out all members from white to brownbelt)
The nonstop begging and attempts for money is the MOST ANNOYING THING EVER! you tell em no, and they just dont understand that they need to earn money like the rest of us.
PLS MAKE THIS HAPPEN or like perma ban people for begging, that will work also
i strongly agree with this idea
Gm's/Mods/Admins Are the Nerd Police
Originally Posted by Tacticaled View Post
I <3 THIS IDEA!
i am constantly bombarded with noobs trying to get "loans", or just persistently begging. Etc. (atleast 10 times a day)
(maybe just add an option so i can block out all members from white to brownbelt)
The nonstop begging and attempts for money is the MOST ANNOYING THING EVER! you tell em no, and they just dont understand that they need to earn money like the rest of us.
PLS MAKE THIS HAPPEN or like perma ban people for begging, that will work also
i strongly agree with this idea

It's mainly the people who are asking "can I join your clan?" You tell them what they need to do in order to do so, and they have no idea what to do... I'd just like to act like they're not even here. :P plus what you said, "can I have 10 TC" or even "Can I borrow 500 TC? I'll pay you back." Eh..... They're annoying. This muting option, again, would be perfect for these things. *-*

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."