Toribash
Original Post
How to throw Punches Properly
Hi guys, what goes on. I'm new to Toribash and I have trouble throwing punches with enough momentum to knock my opponent over/inflict damage. Can I have some help?
you can just use a normal punch pose,controll the lumbar and abs,it will help you much on aiming
To get power, pull the pecs back and twist the chest around to get the punching arm as far back as possible. Then snap the chest around and push out the elbow and pec to make maximum contact with your opponent. The other big thing is practice, you will develop various techniques as well as how to get power from legs etc...
Okay, here is a trick, when you do a punch, use your wrist. Many people just leave it alone, but an example of using your wrist would be if you had it contracted a bit, and extended it a bit before impact, it would give you some extra momentum, and you would deal more damage. Also, if your Tori's wrist gets touched by Uke in a punch,it can fall off. In addition, keep your feet on the ground if you want a steady punch, I make many punches on my feet, each doing at least one DM. Good luck!

Edit: I have included a 5 punch and then a kick combo for you to look at. Take note of the wrists and feet.
Attached Files
Co1 2 - Smashing faster.rpl (459.7 KB, 48 views)
Last edited by Cloneone1; Dec 20, 2010 at 05:26 AM.
put your brests back then turn you spain and put one of your brests forward, i hope this helps you.