ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
"Thank you" Button
What do you guys think about a "Thank you" button? Most of the forums I'm in have it, so I thought I could suggest it here as well.

I think this simple feature would add some interesting dynamics. People would be motivated to post usefull stuff to "collect" thank you's, for instance. It would also help avoiding "Thank you" spam posts.

I realize that there are more important issues for the dev's to deal with, but I wanted to post the idea anyway.
Last edited by bigGrin; Dec 1, 2012 at 08:08 AM.
“War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin, keep out of the way till you can.” - Winston Churchill
You could use alts to (idk "thank" yourself?) and farm tc
not supported
Last edited by jclark; Mar 9, 2013 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Lol i Wrote -rep XD
Have a great day, thanks for looking at this post I guess.
cnc is an endangered resource
rep system was horrible because of negative reputation that caused people to discriminate other players, people tended to neg rep opinions that they dislike, however "thank you" button could work a lot better, on polish fansite(that is quite dead right now xd) such thing was working, it displayed number of "thanks" you've get and gave to others.
i also encountered such things as "give beer" etc. that works pretty much the same, it's good as long as you don't have any benefits from that.
If you're thankful of someone's advice/help (like in the Support board), a simple post saying "Thanks" or even a PM would remedy that.

There's no use for the reputation system at the moment and I doubt there will ever be, for some of the reasons stated above. Bringing in an automated system of "good boy points" would have everyone crawling around the forums, being fake, pleading for points. Before you know it, there will be a whole market for reputation points.
Last edited by firebolty; Mar 10, 2013 at 07:31 PM.
BAD LUCK
So, i don't even know why don't have it here. I see a lot of another forums with this '' thank you '' button.
Anyway, i think that i alredy see the same suggestion, i say yes for this idea.
I like the idea cept the tc part. You shouldn't get any tc for thanking a post.

i take back the idea of the TC part, might be abused. lol.
However, what do you get when u get thanked?
That's my point. u get +rep and then in a specific level of reputation u should get something.
3DS FC :4038-6911-2047
Pokemon Player. LoZ and other Nintendo shit. =]
You all seem to be dodging around the point that this has been tried before (on more than one occasion) and didn't work. I fail to see what is different now. The forum was flooded with close to pointless nonsense in which users begged and pleaded for reputation, whilst others abused it to settle disagreements and dislikes.

The idea has been re-thought, refined and worked with and the outcome was the community as a whole isn't responsible enough to use a feature like this correctly regardless of the restrictions placed upon it.
no more violent reactions? ^_^
3DS FC :4038-6911-2047
Pokemon Player. LoZ and other Nintendo shit. =]
Originally Posted by cj2men View Post
no more violent reactions? ^_^

Violent is one thing, reasonable is another.
It's also questionable not to trust a guy talking from experience.

I, personally, have nothing against the idea as long as it doesn't turn out like youtube.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore