Toribash
Original Post
Old clan - legendary clan.
Hello there. Title looks like like a clickbait for me, but nevermind. Let's talk about clans.
And by the way let's look into that small list.

ayy

As you can see, we have like an 11 non-legendary clans which is alive and active (maybe some of 'em a bit sleepy) for a decade. [Evil] keeps an official status for 14 years.
And some of clans in that list - left their marks in the community. And i think they deserved something.
As an example: [Alpha]
If you ask me, sometimes i hate those guys, but they won a goddamn ClanLeague a lot of times. That's the most shiny "achievement" they did. And legendary players came out of it.

Other clans maybe not so productive at PVP, but they did something valuable too. If you will dig up into every clan - you can find a lot of information which is already forgotten.

So, here is the idea:

Every official and ACTIVE clan which passed a decade since it been created should have a legendary status. Or at least an achievement with high reward, idk.
DECADE, DAMN IT! Toribash been released in 2006. And some clans staying alive after that date.

I know, legendary status should be deserved through some achievements in the community, but keep a clan with people playing for 10 years isn't a one?

P.S
[Damned] don't deserved a legendary status, we got no achievements at all, lol
and our official status isn't "old" enough.
But other clans should have something.
Last edited by T0n0mi; Apr 5, 2020 at 07:01 AM.
It took me ten years to find the answer to something, and I forgot about it in two seconds
If remaining active and relevant in a video game community for a decade isn't legendary idk what is. We all have our own personal reasons for sticking with this fucking matrix style ragdoll simulator for a significant fraction of our lives but if you're going the extra mile to actually maintain your clan for 10 years (I mean 10 fucking years!) then you are spending a significant time of your life upholding what really makes game great which is these little family like sub-communities. Players always come and go but the ones that stick around or come back from inactivity usually do so because they have some sort of social link that reminds them of the fun they had playing with their clanmates despite the repetitive nature of this game. Really its the creative interactions between players (whether its in-game or in the community) is what keeps it interesting. I think anyone that plays this game for 10 years deserve an accolade but a clan? -Legendary achievement for sure in my eyes.
Leader of the Spyder House
Toribash Martial Artists
Generally clans have to die before they get legend. Clans like alpha probably will get it when they die, but they haven't died yet.

Need help? PM me!
إد هو العاهرة
Originally Posted by Divine View Post
Generally clans have to die before they get legend. Clans like alpha probably will get it when they die, but they haven't died yet.

As for me, it’s slightly not logical that in order to become a legend, one must die. That is, this fact stops some motivation for the clan to create something large-scale. You also need to enter additional achievements, or make sure that those achievements do not give activity points for the clan. Because this fact indicates that the places in the top are not placed correctly, because the uwu broke out in the top only thanks to achievements. same with Aqours
Last edited by Damned; Apr 8, 2020 at 07:15 AM.
Looks like TB gotta follow it's own rules and probably will become some sort of "legendary" game, according to the rules of legendary status for clans. Really? 2k + of dead clans we already have. Maybe more. And 90% of them is lamebrackets. Legends should be as LIVING example for other players. Who even cares about dead people in the game? They usually don't pay much attention to their own status. Because they are goddamn dead. And when you starting (not personally) to act like you give much f about em, when they are actually dropped the game completely, that looks dumb as it even possible for human being. Where is a logic beyond all of that? We can keep our clans active for 20-30 years and we anyway should die to achieve something in staff's POV? Oh damn it. TB sometimes look's like North Korea. And staff unit looks like their military forces. If you know what i mean. (Jk actually)
It took me ten years to find the answer to something, and I forgot about it in two seconds
Legend status doesn't mean that you've just been around for long, so if you want a short answer to this suggestion - no, what you're suggesting is not happening.

Clans' legendary status does not just give clans a golden name the way players' legendary status does, it modifies the way these clans are treated in the system - they're exempt from activity checks while maintaining official status forever, but they also get their roster locked down. The latter is the main reason we tend to only give legend to dying / dead clans, because any actually active clan would likely prefer being able to still recruit new members, and having listed as a 10+ year old clan is already a flex on its own.

Another reason "just" old clans may not receive the legend status (even after they die) is because these clans underwent such drastic changes across their existence that at some point they became pretty much new clans under an older and cooler name. Don't get me wrong though, clans naturally evolving and changing their members is not a bad thing on its own, but saying that clans which just survived for long yet have zero players out of those who made the clan stand out in the first place deserve legend is pretty bold. Almost all us who make the decision remember the "old times" of these clans, but no matter how we'd like to honor their original members we must consider what these clans are like right now.

In that sense, clan going inactive is the best time for us to consider whether they should be given legendary status as we can have a definitive look at what they've done in their run and whether they've maintained the qualities we'd expect from a legendary clan.

Also yeah we're definitely same as NK. How dare we not give all clans you like legend status.
don't think alpha deserves legendary clan status all they did was just gather good people and stuff them into a team, anyone can do that without ease, they didn't really war like 1000 clans or achieve anything crazy, anyone can do that now a days just stick every good dueler in a clan and win clan league now. Imo its more like the type of people you can get into a clan and see how they progress during clan league and be underdogs and win that makes it more special and not just a powerhouse clan
What if a clan have died and was tittled legendary and years later they revive it to 100 percent does the tittle get removed or they can keep it?

Originally Posted by sir View Post
Legend status doesn't mean that you've just been around for long, so if you want a short answer to this suggestion - no, what you're suggesting is not happening.

Clans' legendary status does not just give clans a golden name the way players' legendary status does, it modifies the way these clans are treated in the system - they're exempt from activity checks while maintaining official status forever, but they also get their roster locked down. The latter is the main reason we tend to only give legend to dying / dead clans, because any actually active clan would likely prefer being able to still recruit new members, and having listed as a 10+ year old clan is already a flex on its own.

Another reason "just" old clans may not receive the legend status (even after they die) is because these clans underwent such drastic changes across their existence that at some point they became pretty much new clans under an older and cooler name. Don't get me wrong though, clans naturally evolving and changing their members is not a bad thing on its own, but saying that clans which just survived for long yet have zero players out of those who made the clan stand out in the first place deserve legend is pretty bold. Almost all us who make the decision remember the "old times" of these clans, but no matter how we'd like to honor their original members we must consider what these clans are like right now.

In that sense, clan going inactive is the best time for us to consider whether they should be given legendary status as we can have a definitive look at what they've done in their run and whether they've maintained the qualities we'd expect from a legendary clan.

Also yeah we're definitely same as NK. How dare we not give all clans you like legend status.

Quite argumentatively. But one question still remains. What to do to clans that have completed all the achievements? I repeat that the first and second places in the top of activity were for the guys who just took a couple of achievements. You must either add new ones or make sure that achievements do not give activity points
Originally Posted by cutterchop View Post
What if a clan have died and was tittled legendary and years later they revive it to 100 percent does the tittle get removed or they can keep it?

They can get back together but they won't be able to recruit any new members (according to current legendary clans setup).

Originally Posted by Damned View Post
Quite argumentatively. But one question still remains. What to do to clans that have completed all the achievements? I repeat that the first and second places in the top of activity were for the guys who just took a couple of achievements. You must either add new ones or make sure that achievements do not give activity points

Achievements don't affect clan ranking, both uwu and Aqours are simply more active than Damned. Either way your question is unrelated to this thread, if you want to suggest clan ranking changes please make a new thread dedicated to that.
Originally Posted by sir View Post
They can get back together but they won't be able to recruit any new members (according to current legendary clans setup).

Achievements don't affect clan ranking, both uwu and Aqours are simply more active than Damned. Either way your question is unrelated to this thread, if you want to suggest clan ranking changes please make a new thread dedicated to that.

how did NO recruit new members after they became legendary
GLORY FOR UKRAINE