Toribash
Original Post
[WIP&REL] Jump Distance measurement
Hi guys,

so here is a script which determines the distance of your jumps. Since this is the ALPHA version, the script is far from beeing perfect but it does it job quite well.

Things the script can do while playing and while watching a replay:
- Detect jumping and landing on the ground or on (unrotated box) objects for both players
- Saving and displaying the start and end of your jump
- Determining the shortest distance of your jump. So if for example two bodyparts touch the ground on the same frame the script will take the shortest distance to the start.
- Printing your distance in meters and yards (approximately, since there's no official toribash unit to meter convesion, afaik)
- Setting if you want jump detection for tori, uke or both
- Setting the size of tori. (See image below).

Things the script (hopefully) will be able to do in the future:
- Beeing more accurate (see further down)
- Support every object
- Excluding dismembered joints from jump detection so that the script will still say you are jumping even if an arm is on the ground
- Displaying the distance with some kind of line or bar
- Measuring the distance of thrown bodyparts

Some pictures:
In the top one you can see I started jumping. Both of my feet left the ground in the same frame, so there are two possible starting positions (the gray spheres).
In the middle one you can see the landing. The actual jump (the shortest distance) is marked by black spheres. Also the jump distance is printed.
The bottom picture shows what I meant with the script beeing inaccurate. It detects bodyparts on ground if and only if a red sphere touches the ground. In case you can't see it: The joints are red, too. The round parts are in fact accurate.)

To make the point of the torisize option clearer:

If uke jumps over tori lying on the ground, the distance will be the size of tori.

I hope you like it so far.
If you got any question, ask. A suggestion, tell me. You want to help me? Perfect. You can modify the script however you like it. Maybe you should post your plans here.

Version: 0.3 (finally!)
Version history:
0.3: Jumping on objects now works, added colored spheres (red for tori, blue for uke)
0.2: Fixed option setting for TB version < 3.91
0.1: Alpha release. Yay!
Attached Files
md.lua (9.9 KB, 70 views)
Last edited by psycore; Jul 14, 2011 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Update to 0.3
Signature temporarily out of order.
nice script, its great for a 0.1 version.

oh, all the /ec doesnt work.
and you can make Tori's spheres red and Uke's spheres blue (useless but cool lol)
Strange. I don't see why. But you're right. I'll search for the problem.

The thing with the colors. I thought of that, too. I plannend on coloring them like the player's name color. I'm pretty shure that will be added.

e: Found the error. Damn that was stupid. Well, whatever, now optionsetting works as well for TB version < 3.91.
Last edited by psycore; Jun 30, 2011 at 02:43 PM.
So far it works pretty well in normal gameplay, but it doesn't work in parkour mods unfortunately.

Great job on this though :]
I haven't thought of that yet. It should be possible to get that right but only in 3.91 and future versions.
isn't the toribash distance system in cm? as in engage distance 330 would be 3,3 meters.

haven't tested your script, just posting this here to inform you :P
Want to join GATA?Apply here
Free textures
Originally Posted by Zalmoxis View Post
So far it works pretty well in normal gameplay, but it doesn't work in parkour mods unfortunately.

Great job on this though :]

it doesnt work with objects. and, parkour mods are basically, objects.
i want to see soon that cool blue and red balls! lol
Originally Posted by aerox21 View Post
isn't the toribash distance system in cm? as in engage distance 330 would be 3,3 meters.

haven't tested your script, just posting this here to inform you :P

Well, the tori is roughly 2.8 units high, I doubt that these are cm.

Originally Posted by 0rigami View Post
it doesnt work with objects. and, parkour mods are basically, objects.
i want to see soon that cool blue and red balls! lol

Yes, but I can read the see what mod you are using and then read the mod file to see the object data.
I don't know when I'll do the colors.
it's more likely to be 280 units in engage distance and 2,8 meters in real life. but yeh

Continue the great looking script
Want to join GATA?Apply here
Free textures