ES Recruitment Drive
Powas joined the fight...

I need one more guy.
Last edited by 8OJ4N; Jun 6, 2013 at 05:11 AM.
Originally Posted by Deuteria View Post
Love the artwork as per usual. Can't wait to see how this pans out

Yeah, awesome ;o. Was going to ask about how the card duels were going to be managed but re-checked just in case, separate threads and posting can be quite tedious, sure there isn't a faster way? Also judging powas' card, i think his hp is 148. Can't wait to see more ;d
Last edited by k6vamees; Jun 6, 2013 at 05:06 AM. Reason: noticed something
But why's the rum gone? :v
Ok, so I was thinking about adding items, but tracking them through players inventories could be a pain in the ass, and I want to shed all that work from my back as much as I can, otherwise updates would became regular job for me. And I don't want that.
I just want to limit posting to the minimal that this game needs.

Also, I was thinking about NPC encounters that can happen to players as they roam through ToriWorld. This is the list i made, so I want to hear your thoughts about it, also ideas:

Standard wild life:

Wolf - classic Earth-like wolf that has only 5 move cards: 2 attacks, 1 counter-attack, a block and one grab.

Bear - classic Earth-like bear that has eight cards: 3 attacks, 2 counter-attacks, 1 block and 2 grabs

ToriWorld wild life:

Werewolf - human/wolf core embryo fusion that has his own fighting style called: Blood-lust, 10 cards, similar to basic deck but with some unusual attacks, counters, blocks and grabs, more focused on dealing damage and very nasty grabs.

Sentinel bot - remnants of rogue sentinels (robots that were building ToriWorld), they also have their unique fighting style called: Mecha. 10 cards that are focused on blocking and counter-attacks, also all sentinel bots have very large HP pool, tough opponents to beat on the long run.

Bandit - regular road brigand. Most of them use basic moves and are not that tough to beat. But, some of them could (randomly) have 2 or 3 extra cards of standard wushu styles that can be learned through dojos on map, so sometimes you can get a bit harder opponent.

Pirate - same as bandit, but carry more standard wushu style cards.

Bosses

Ok, these guys are not an easy nut to crack. First of all, all of them would be really, really, really hard to beat with your basic deck. These guys have special decks made just for them, and their cards are just insane. Some will have damage that would kill you in two hits, or grabs that would form a combo from which you will probably never recover. Also, all of them have perks and abilities made just for them, and their characteristics are buffed.
In one word, if you meet game boss: RUN!

But, there is an option where 2 players can form a team and attack boss together, playing two cards against one of his, so you have a better chance to beat his card.
And when you beat him reward is really generous.

If someone wants to be a hero, he can fully learn 2 wushu styles and try to beat boss alone. I'll prepare a nice memorial for that someone. XD

So, for now, that is it.
-----
Yeah, thx, I fixed Powas card. Had to nerf his ass! XD

Card fights will be in separate threads. Thread will be named like: Powas vs Bandit. And all posts with using cards from PMs will be there, with my resolves written under every cards vs card. It may sound tedious, but it isn't. When you are in a card fight you can't move on map or anything. When the card fight is finished we get back to that.
Think about card fights as separate windows that pop-up when you play some RPG, so characters fights there and then get back to travel and story, etc.
Doing card fights in the same thread where people post their movements and decisions would just mess everything up.

Easiest way is to do fight in separated thread and scrap it when its finished.
Last edited by 8OJ4N; Jun 6, 2013 at 05:17 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Can these encounters take place as packs of said npc's, seeing as it's possible to team-up in a journey? Minus the bosses as packs of course. Initially it's looking good but i'd add more variety to the life in toriworld.

Edit: also it's not the separation i was worried about, that makes sense, but the card duels themselves could take more than a day. Sure i know you were aiming to remove the gmt issue and all, i guess it can be handled. I think once you start promoting this, you should try and get yourself some temporary mod rights, to keep an eye on those posts. If such a thing is possible, i'm sure you have some connections. You can bargain just to moderate your event and nothing else, as long as the event would last.
Last edited by k6vamees; Jun 6, 2013 at 05:23 AM.
More encounters = more cards for me to draw, make and balance.

This is beta after all. :] If I would go for full game right now, we would probably start our RPG journey somewhat around April of 2014, lol. Don't turn me into Blizzard and come to this thread every month to read: soon. XD

If two ppl travel together, they will encounter same number of NPCs, and than it's 2 vs 2 cards resolve. They will either win together or be beaten together.
I'm still working on 'co-op part of the game, btw... We will see how will that work.
2 vs 1 boss is easy, but 2 vs 2 is a bit trickier.
Game logo.

-----
Scorpio entered the fry.

That's it for now. I have 7 players.
-----
TESTING TIME!

I need to test how much game bosses are tough to beat. So, I need a volunteer!
Your task is to beat this thing using your basic deck!

He has two perks:

Berserk - +2 to all ATTACK modifiers when injured and
Regeneration - Heal up to 15 HP at the end of every turn if damaged. (special perk available only for this character)

And one ability:

Werewolf Howl - usable only once: player must change one card from his hand with SHORT BREATH card! (ability for this character only)

So, who's gonna try? We will play three turns.
Here is a good chance to reveal what kind of cards are in Blood-lust style... And to test your knowledge about game mechanics and rules.
Last edited by 8OJ4N; Jun 7, 2013 at 07:13 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Originally Posted by 8OJ4N View Post
TESTING TIME!

I need to test how much game bosses are tough to beat. So, I need a volunteer!
Your task is to beat this thing using your basic deck!

I can try this out unless someone else wants to ;d
is there any specified place where we start our journey?

edit: my char looks like ezio's long lost brother xd
Last edited by Scorpio; Jun 7, 2013 at 10:09 PM.