Toribash
Original Post
Why Can't I Seem to Get Dismembers?
No matter what I try or how much I experiment I cannot seem to get dismemberments in single player. I understand the concept of gaining momentum and how grabbing increases the force of the hit but I cannot seem to get dismemberments without random luck.

Here are some replays for a visualization.
Attached Files
A Crappy Replay.rpl (107.2 KB, 48 views)
Try playing a bit with the options,
first of all try with a higher gravity,try with -30.
Than lower the dismember power to 40-45,in that way the DM will be easier.

But watch out,the DM doesn't become easier just on the uke tori but on yours too and if you don't pay attention you'll be the one getting DMed.
dont listen to this guy^^^^^

i've included a replay (which is an edit of your own replay) for visualization

one way to think about it is to imagine that uke is a tree.

you hit uke with the first kick in "A Crappy Replay" with your shin, and the force was spread out over uke's whole torso.

img

this is the equivalent of trying to chop down a tree with the broad side of your axe. in theory, it's possible, with an incredible amount of force, but it is in no way practical

the axe inside the tree

this is a much better way to do it. all of the force generated by my whole body is focused onto the tip of my toe, which is then transmitted to a very small area of uke's body.

the result is a dismemberment.

its important to note that im not saying you can only dismember with the tips of your feet and that it's not possible to dismember with your shin. the concept is that dismemberment is caused by concentrated force hitting a small area.

there is a whole lot to be said about dismemberments, but i think this covers one reason why you were having trouble dismembering with the first kick in that particular replay. the other primary reason is that your kick hit a body part rather than a joint, but it would take another wall of text to explain that properly

also, re: the second replay— not sure if you're joking, but if you genuinely have no idea how you did that, it's because mushu.tbm is an instagib mod
Attached Files
###.rpl (36.2 KB, 36 views)
Last edited by HiPower; Nov 13, 2014 at 09:56 AM.
Tip: Don't use mushu, footmod, or any other instagib mods

MEANING, instant dismembers
Heart of Gold
Originally Posted by Hisoka View Post
Try playing a bit with the options,
first of all try with a higher gravity,try with -30.
Than lower the dismember power to 40-45,in that way the DM will be easier.

But watch out,the DM doesn't become easier just on the uke tori but on yours too and if you don't pay attention you'll be the one getting DMed.

Yes, i'd listen to Hisoka that is completely correct.
if you do put the dismemberment fresh hold down, it is also easier to DM your self, although it is easier to dismember uke, i used to play on this dismember fresh hold myself but i changed back to normal settings.
:)
Hisoka is wrong at this moment.

Lowering the dmthreshold reduces the force needed to get a DM

if you were used to easy dm in 40-45, you'd have trouble when the dmthreshold is at the default 100.

You'd have to practice force, momentum, speed, and accuracy to get dm's
Heart of Gold
Thank you for the replies everyone, especially Hipower.

I still have one question though about punching, does it work the same as kicking or is it different in any way? Also will grabbing always make a punch more powerful or does it only work in some instances.
It's basically the same, but kicks have a longer range.
Grabbing makes a punch more powerful, yes. But, don't do it because it takes away the sense of punching. It turns from a punch into a rip. So yeah, don't grab as you punch.
Heart of Gold
Tip:

Your foot/hand has to hit him when its not fully extended, but while extending.
In your replay you kicked way to early
Attached Files
SP - Decap Punch.rpl (115.1 KB, 14 views)