Toribash
D&D is so fun. I've been doing a campaign with 5 close internet friends and it's a blast whenever we play.
In several ways. One way is to boot up ye olde Neverwinter Nights, it has an excellent Game Master mode. Requires a lot of work on the GM's part though, more than normal.

There's always just using Skype and then either plenty of trust with dicerolls or an online dice roller (there are several, some that have their own chat rooms). There are also a million different services that offer a tabletop-like experience over the computer with everything from dice rolling to in-client character sheets and maps and everything. Me, Jaelen and a few others tried out Fantasy Grounds a while back, and it's pretty good. Expensive as cunts though, but that's what TPB is for.

TeamLiquid DamageReduction: Yes.
MODS ARE GAY MODS ARE GAY MODS ARE GAY MODS ARE GAY MODS ARE GAY MODS ARE GAY MODS ARE GAY MODS ARE GAY MODS ARE GAY MODS ARE GAY MODS ARE GAY MODS ARE GAY
It's more than a thousand fun, all at once. Imagine that for a second.
MODS ARE GAY MODS ARE GAY MODS ARE GAY MODS ARE GAY MODS ARE GAY MODS ARE GAY MODS ARE GAY MODS ARE GAY MODS ARE GAY MODS ARE GAY MODS ARE GAY MODS ARE GAY
Originally Posted by Kraetyz View Post
It's more than a thousand fun, all at once. Imagine that for a second.

What is this "fun" you speak of?
f=m*a syens

^Arglax^

But yeah, I just came back from my session which ended in my rogue almost killing our spirit shaman because she, AS ALWAYS, was withholding information (raptorans are not clever birdpeople). Lots of great fun was had with 5 nerds sitting at a table screaming at each other.
My friends and I use Roll20.net. I don't really know how it works because the DM does everything, but it seems like it works pretty well. We just downloaded pdfs of the manuals and stuff too.
Sounds like something great. I have no idea how to get into it, though.
Also, I don't have a basement and my BMI is under 20 so I don't know if I'd fit in the scene
f=m*a syens
Oi, feck off Arglax! :P I'm underweight and I roleplay in the ATTIC. I'm like, reverse nerd and been doing it for 8 years. Just download some roleplaying books off TPB (D&D is easier to find and has more stuff to learn) and gather some friends IF YOU HAVE ANY. It's honestly easier to start IRL, but you might need to get dice-n-such for that (and miniatures if you're doing 4E).

If you want to get into roleplaying without spending money, I suggest something like GURPS since it's very basic and allows you to play whatever genre you'd ever want. Savage Worlds would work too, but I think they want you to use miniatures for it. For a good ol' commitment to the Best Hobby Ever™, D&D 4E costs quite a bit of money and requires miniatures (but hey, there's D&D Essentials that has everything you need!) but is easy to learn for computer/console gamers, focuses on fantastic-as-fuck combat and allows for just as much or little actual roleplaying (acting out your character) as the group wishes.

(I'm writing this for fun, chances are you don't care! xD)