ES Recruitment Drive
Originally Posted by Glimpsed View Post
they have a responsibility to personally save the game and make it go viral

ill do it thats my job

they have a responsibility to eat my shorts
Originally Posted by sir View Post
Probably unpopular opinion but removing inactive people does not improve activity.
No difference between a team that consists of 15 people but makes no events and a team of 3 people that does the same.

Is it the same way with the ninjas and smods
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
Just my thoughts as a previous ES Member that had been removed due to inactivity lol. It might be good to give a set period of time (one month for example) for members that announced their inactivity to get back to the game. After said period of time, if the ES Member has not shown any activity, the ES Lead can ask them personally whether they want to continue, or what is holding them back from being active. If the ES Member says they don’t want to continue then the lead can simply remove them. But, if they still show signs of passion to continue and is just hindered by personal things, the ES lead can perhaps extend their inactivity time, and see where things go from there. For me personally, after the first few months of hosting, I just became burnt out and had a lot of things in my personal life that made it hard for me to host events or even play the game. I mentioned my inactivity to Melrose, the ES lead at that time and I think the period of allowed inactivity is too long and that it made it seem that an ES Spot is being taken without any reason. If Melrose had personally asked me if I would like to genuinely continue being an ES, I would probably immediately say no, as there’s too many things going on in my personal life, and I just wasn’t very motivated to host nor even play the game at that time. So yeah, it might be best to just directly ask the inactive members after a period of time whether they genuinely want to continue, or if they want to no longer be an ES member, rather than just being labeled as an inactive ES member.

Anyways, sorry for the poorly formatted post. I wrote this during class lol
Originally Posted by Link View Post
Is it the same way with the ninjas and smods

Typically yes. Functionally it does not matter how long they stay in staff after going inactive if they were doing fine before and we don't have reasons to worry about them suddenly abusing their permissions.

Ninjas in particular shouldn't really be of any concern to the vast majority of people, they are not in charge of any particular staff groups nor do they have any actual duties. They're (usually) just there as senior staff members with experience others don't have but they're not expected to be moderating forums / hosting events / etc.
Yessirr. And yes, this is the same "cool" idea yall have had for years and years. It's time to attempt to change all of that. Not going to get easier with time to attempt to make such an improvement. It will also not kill the community. Toribash has cronic fixed syndrome

It's gotten better over the years, but there are still lingering issues as if no one else in the community has any interest in helping out at all except the inactive part staff team.
-----
Also, you’re willing to sink 20kk tc off of a technicality but let an inactive team stay in power because “why not”? Sounds pretty sus to me
Last edited by Link; May 3, 2023 at 03:36 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.