Ranking
Original Post
[CONC] Proof of Concept #1 - Hook and Overlay
I know, I'm putting out shit like crazy, but I decided I'd try a simple hook and overlay on the Toribash client. I made it draw just a little textbox on the client, and it works. It also logs keystrokes on the client, though it's displaying duplicates right now.

So now that I got a simple hook and everything, any ideas what we can do with it?

Edit: And YES, that's a hook in VB. Still working on my C++ so I did the test in VB.
Last edited by Juntalis; May 15, 2008 at 02:24 PM.
Lol, way to black out all the non important stuff .

Nice, what are your plans about what to do with it? :o

[T]
#hi

Eventually, when I figure out how to hook into winsock packets, I'll redo the proxy better than ever. Until then, I don't quite know..
So can you hook any value? And then can you get it to output values such as coordinates? We could use it to get values for AI to use.
*sigh*

You're missing the point. The hook and overlay enables us to have a proper GUI for the game, provided we know what we want. That removes the former limit of Lua. Meaning you can have ingame IRC and all that.
In a bit, I will be cleaning it up some to make it function smoother. After that, I'm going to try to get an in-game irc going on..
Sounds Great!
I can't wait! +Rep

[Evil] is recruiting!

<DesiTwist> terty plays tb with the ghost turned off, uke turned off and uses that mouse with the ball in it
that will be win.... thats all i can say
<Shlimby> lol, no Ad, just stop seeing those melons
<ADTerminal> Sure
<Shlimby> and dont take them into ur bed at night
<ADTerminal> But it's where I keep them warm