ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
stadium
i think that it would be great and more fun to wait if there was like a small ring around the doJo that the people waiting in line could move there Tori around while the other people are playing.but make the ring as if you cant get over it (for obvious reasons). I think that would make Toribash 10 times funner. because the only boring part is waiting to play. Now, on mods that dont have a doJo or DQ ring (what ever you call it) there just simply shouldn't be one (obvious reasons again). So thats just my suggestion to make toribash a funner place. thanks for reading

-Batbuscuss
Last edited by Batbuscuss; May 30, 2013 at 12:24 PM.
It sounds fun.

Pros
Something to do while waiting for a dojo mod.

Cons
A lot of lag.
People would only play dojo mods.
People wouldn't be able to touch the other out of the dojo.

For majority reasons, ~Not Supported~
"An American monkey, after getting drunk on brandy, would never touch it again, and thus is much wiser than most men." ~Charles Darwin
This is definitely a very cool idea in theory, but in practice, it doesn't quite hold up. It drastically interferes with the way the game is played, allowing for, in my opinion, rather BS recoveries by grabbing the railing or other players that would never be possible otherwise. Additionally, for those not fortunate enough to have a good computer, the lag associated with this would be tremendous - the need to render all of those toris and also to download who moved what where.
~ [Fa]mily~
"You may have Downs, but you get me up." - Hucota7
I like to zoom out while playing, so if there was a stadium, it would be annoying.

~Not Supported
私の顔にそれを言う。
What about GMtourneys?20 over people walking over wherever and doing whatever they want,even worse,parkour mod,player fall on the ground,hits other player,dq,the lag would be crazy high
Bye bye toribash
Umm, this would cause a huge amount of lag wouldn't it?
If you had a lobby of let's say 20 people, it would lag too much for the people that are playing, to play.. Then the people outside the so called 'stadium' would also lag, causing them to get disconnected.. This would basically crash every server in the game..

HolyButler Moderated Message:
This is the reason i myself dont support this. Its kinda more of a problem. Also, I just love posting mod messages
Last edited by HolyButler; Jun 4, 2013 at 05:32 PM.
<Icky> Butler is the worst es
<Reta> can I fire him yet ?
There's a reason why the devs are extremely hesitant to add in a 4 player mode to Toribash. Like the posters before me already pointed, this suggestion is capable of placing 20+ players within one match which would put a ridiculous load on even the best computers due to the amount of physics that would have to be calculated each turn.

Your idea minus the ability to move your Tori's would be reasonable though. Just make the stadium plus the tori's "ghosts." Meaning the Tori's actually fighting during the match plus any intractable objects within the match would just phase through the stadium.
"Fear not the Tori who has practiced 10,000 openers once, but fear the Tori who has practiced one opener 10,000 times."
Forget about the lag. It would look cool. On/off switches exist.

They only need to be static bodies so there's no overhead with any physics. Besides, you don't want spectators interfering with the fight, it would obviously not be done like this.

It'd be cool to see who's playing next. Character customization is a big part of toribash, may as well have something for spectators too.
Last edited by Fish; Jun 4, 2013 at 05:41 PM. Reason: typos