ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Being able to Color Non-Hair 3D Objects?
I know it would take away the point for the green hat so no recoloring that or something?
I'd just like to be able to recolor this as well to fit my set better.
I'm not sure if this has been went over so if there is a reason let me know.
Doesn't really work because most of the 3D items have textures, not full colours, but the ones that do (Shutter shades etc..) could work, but it'd be odd and there would be alot of
"WHY CANT I CHANGE THE COLOUR OF MY DUCK BILL WTF I GOT SCAMMED FOR 20K FOR A 3D VOID COLOUR!!" threads.
Originally Posted by imaslayaa View Post
Doesn't really work because most of the 3D items have textures, not full colours, but the ones that do (Shutter shades etc..) could work, but it'd be odd and there would be alot of
"WHY CANT I CHANGE THE COLOUR OF MY DUCK BILL WTF I GOT SCAMMED FOR 20K FOR A 3D VOID COLOUR!!" threads.

Why wouldn't the colour just go around the texture? Since its only colouring in the solid object.

And if that is an issue then maybe they can release the 3D colours but have a thread that tells you which items can't be recoloured. So if you buy a 3D color that doesn't work with your item it's your fault for not checking. I understand many people will probably miss this thread so there could be a banner up top just saying '3D items can now be colored (but not all! click for details).'
Contact Kradel if you need me.
Originally Posted by jyrii View Post
Why wouldn't the colour just go around the texture? Since its only colouring in the solid object.

And if that is an issue then maybe they can release the 3D colours but have a thread that tells you which items can't be recoloured. So if you buy a 3D color that doesn't work with your item it's your fault for not checking. I understand many people will probably miss this thread so there could be a banner up top just saying '3D items can now be colored (but not all! click for details).'

You mean like the rules
no one fucking reads
Thinking of it like that. If they don't read it then fine, that's their problem. The same way if you don't read a rule and mess up you will get infracted, if you don't read the post that tells you which items can't be recolored you risk spending tc on a colour you can't use and if you do, there was a thread which was advertised to tell you about this and you chose to ignore it. Can't complain.
Contact Kradel if you need me.
Why not to let people upload their own texture for 3d item?
We will be able to download a blank (or the original texture) and make new with using it
Originally Posted by ImEmpty View Post
Why not to let people upload their own texture for 3d item?
We will be able to download a blank (or the original texture) and make new with using it

This is a much better idea than a solid colour, but unless you know what you're doing it's super difficult to texture a 3d item correctly, so there would need to be templates for each 3d item, which I don't think anyone can be bothered doing, especially because of the amount of 3d items the item forgers are creating weekly.
This is a much better idea than a solid colour, but unless you know what you're doing it's super difficult to texture a 3d item correctly, so there would need to be templates for each 3d item, which I don't think anyone can be bothered doing, especially because of the amount of 3d items the item forgers are creating weekly.

Anything is possible on a progressive all-nighter with 6 monster energy drinks, 3 lines of cocaine and a severe case of insomnia.

But in all seriousness, how hard could it be to whip up a template? They're big boys; they can do it. And if It is too hard to make templates for some of the more intricate items, then just make those have they ability to change color.

In my opinion, there are only a few 3D items that actually should have their colors able to be changed.
"What color are you going to make that new duckbill you have?"
"I'm gonna make it radioactive."

Even if there are different colored items, I don't believe that they should have the ability to be crafted. I mean that as in, if you buy a pair of headphones, you shouldn't be able to change the color of them to whatever you want. Instead they should be bought as a color and stay that color. I buy a pair of pure headphones, they stay pure. I sell the headphones to someone, the headphones stay pure. This will cause large demand for the more desirable colors. Hell we can even have achievements linked to the items. Like, own all colors of shutter shades.
Stay Fluffy My Friends | I do loans and shit
Founder of [ROT] | Destroyer of Anus
Originally Posted by Bercat View Post
Anything is possible on a progressive all-nighter with 6 monster energy drinks, 3 lines of cocaine and a severe case of insomnia.

But in all seriousness, how hard could it be to whip up a template? They're big boys; they can do it. And if It is too hard to make templates for some of the more intricate items, then just make those have they ability to change color.

In my opinion, there are only a few 3D items that actually should have their colors able to be changed.
"What color are you going to make that new duckbill you have?"
"I'm gonna make it radioactive."

Even if there are different colored items, I don't believe that they should have the ability to be crafted. I mean that as in, if you buy a pair of headphones, you shouldn't be able to change the color of them to whatever you want. Instead they should be bought as a color and stay that color. I buy a pair of pure headphones, they stay pure. I sell the headphones to someone, the headphones stay pure. This will cause large demand for the more desirable colors. Hell we can even have achievements linked to the items. Like, own all colors of shutter shades.

Or something could be done with similar to how joint textures work, the same texture, just with a different hue corresponding to the colour you have activated.
When activating the 3D colour item, it just overlays a colour onto the texture.
Or something could be done with similar to how joint textures work, the same texture, just with a different hue corresponding to the colour you have activated.
When activating the 3D colour item, it just overlays a colour onto the texture.

That could work, too.

The reason I am pushing for the all different permanent colored items is because it could open a lot of doors for a gambling minigame. Such as tb cases (tb version of csgo cases), tbjackpot (tb version of csgo jackpot), or just straight up slots. I really like the idea of item gambling. I've gotten bored of just betting tc on bet servers.
Stay Fluffy My Friends | I do loans and shit
Founder of [ROT] | Destroyer of Anus