Ranking
Original Post
Exend/Contract percentages.,
i think that toribash could be further nuanced by adding a percentage meter to extend/contract on joints, there is a big difference in what could happen between extending 50% and a full 100% extension, i think it would enable more realistic looking movements.
This idea reminds me of the wii. There was a way you can use force on the joints for more power/speed.

This idea can be useful:
• More predictable movements
• New feature/tool that could really benefit sparing/parkouring by allowing more options to get a move the way you want it

Cons:
• Harder to make events based with boom hits, etc.
• Less brains required to make your joints move correctly
• Whole new game system

Cons; Counter Argument:
Although toribash has worked without such a function (not including the wii), for such a long time, this could still work well in ways;
• It would add a new system that wouldn't effect the current one at all by making it optional for in mods
• Keeping duels and tourneys from this might prove to help keep this idea from taking over the normal function

I also know a lot of skill and brain work might be effected by this new system. The option stated above could work vice versa along with;
• It would be like adding a new power level where more skill just means even greater things

Events might be effected negatively, but again, the bullets listed above will work in the same way for this aswell.

Overall, I don't see any major problems in having a force meter. An idea similar worked well for wii and it could work for the PC too. Why not give it a go?
Last edited by Link; Mar 14, 2015 at 01:37 PM.
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
The fun part of creating replays is the fact that you're limited to your joints only to get from point a to point b and that's a large part of the reason why it's so fun to see replays by great replaymakers who do amazinig things despite the limitations.

I can see how it might make funmods more interesting but really, it's going to be less of an additional feature to the game and more of an entire new thing to learn.

not supported
I do some videos
Feel free to PM me for any video-related questions
Originally Posted by DatSkip View Post
The fun part of creating replays is the fact that you're limited to your joints only to get from point a to point b and that's a large part of the reason why it's so fun to see replays by great replaymakers who do amazinig things despite the limitations.

I can see how it might make funmods more interesting but really, it's going to be less of an additional feature to the game and more of an entire new thing to learn.

not supported

It should be distinctive whenever you are making a replay(like the way the wii had a tadly spiked joint when extra force was applied). I agree it might effect replays negatively. This idea can apply much like a setting in mods though. It would be like a gravity function, etc. This would be also be along the lines of implementing a script-like feature. Nothing should be required either, so I don't think replays would be affected to the point of major worrying.
Last edited by Link; Mar 14, 2015 at 02:25 PM.
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
I feel like a whole power meter might be a little extreme, but that something between the full power and full relax should be added for those who want to be graceful and stuff without the massive difficulty which we see now for those learning to spar. The extra power level would be mod specific and would be optional in game-rules. I feel like a slider of power meter system is going to either be to fiddly or too radicle a change to get included.
Good morning sweet princess
My opinions on having an optional force meter are this.

Cons: If there were to a be force meter it would probably change the whole way we play this game. Everyone would probably have to relearn all the skills they mastered.

Pros: You could use it optionally, and game play in general would be much more easy to master. Also realistic replays may be a little easier.

General verdict: Honestly I don't think it would be worth the work for the coders to make an force meter just for it to be an optional addition. I think the base game for TB is already pretty solid, if you ask me if I were to add something I would not add something that would change the whole game.

Not supporting, sorry.
Last edited by GoldenRox; Mar 14, 2015 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Don't ask
[14:08] <@ego> uncreative fuck R.I.P TL;DR
[14:08] <GoldenRox> That's me all right \(o_o/)
I don't get how it will affect events and stuff cause it is optional, by that i meant that it could be enabled in a mod by the operator of the server, maybe enabled in the mods and stuff...

Thanks for your comments on my idea IDC if they are good or bad...
I think this would be too much of a change to the game, part of the challenge of the game is trying to make your movements fluid despite the simplicity of the controls,

Therefore applying this would take away quite a large aspect of the game, also the very best replays would not be affected as much as they are fluid already
Only the mediocre replays or bad replays, such as mine, would benefit at all

Not supported
This is exactly what i suggested....
Damn man stop copying...

Lazors Moderated Message:
There is no such thing as "copying". If you had googled your suggestion before you posted it you would've noticed others has thought of this before you. I merged your thread with those.

Furthermore this is a completely useless post and an example of both backseat moderating and misinformation. Read the rules again.
Last edited by Lazors; Mar 20, 2015 at 10:14 AM.
Is there anything new that this could bring to replays that can't already be done perfectly as it is?
Seems like the only reason to add this is to make inexperienced players look more like the people who learnt the game, while adding nothing for the latter group.
Why try to hide the gap in skill? The gap is a big part of what's really amazing about sparring and parkour.
It would make those amazing replays more dull and the game less exciting overall.
Like many in this thread are saying, the fun is in the limitations.
PM me with any and all questions
I feel like the main obstacle this game has to gaining popularity and members is how inaccessible it is to newbies. Although fast impressive looking results aren't what games should be about for a lot of people they are what determines whether they keep playing and become addicted or just give up. You talk about making the game more enjoyable for newer members as if it is a bad thing, the more people who get addicted the more people there are who might spend money on the game. And it isn't like a newbie could immediately start doing corks at -30.00 gravity, or master balance and control or direction, they would just not have the challenge of relaxing joints so they move realistically and smoothly.

Nevertheless, I think the most which should be added is 1 extra level of power to the tori's movement, anything else seems a bit excessive.
Good morning sweet princess