Ranking
Original Post
[GAMEMODE] Side-view combat with pre-recorded moves
So, yeah, I've had this idea for a few years now. This new gamemode would consist of players recording various moves (kicks, punches) and states (standing, crouching, jumping, moving to either side) in regular Toribash for use in a side-view fighting mode.

The camera would be fixed to one side, like old 2D fighting games. Pre-recorded moves could be executed with a limited amount of buttons on the keyboard. This could potentionally be made into a 2 player hotseat mode as well as online multiplayer. Moves would have a default state they would have to be launched from (example: a standing kick would have to be made from a standing position, and it would have to be made from that pose in the first place during recording.).

I have a great deal of experience with these types of games, I used to work on content for a game engine called MUGEN. Toribash itself would be ideal for a game like that, with the customizable moves and whatnot.

I'm not confident in my LUA (or general programming) skills to make this happen, though. While I might be able to make this thing a reality in a few years, I'm putting this out here in case someone is interested with the required skillset in the meantime.

C&C welcome.
this could take place of something like minibash?
[19:59] <Lazors> man it's a good thing people don't see what i write here
Originally Posted by Skylar View Post
this could take place of something like minibash?

It's not similar to Minibash. Minibash was pretty much Toribash in 2D with some customizations. This would be more like an oldschool side-view fighting game like Street Fighter or Tekken, with the ability to record your own moves.
I see what you mean now, and I like the idea. Wouldn't hurt to try and develop on it with some other people who are more skilled in Lua, etc, but, I don't think nabi would work on it though.
[19:59] <Lazors> man it's a good thing people don't see what i write here
Like Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat with our toris?
I'm sold, nice idea, but this would be an entirely new game,
not just a game mode.
The past makes you wanna die out of regret, and future makes you depressed out of anxiety. So by elimination, the present is likely the happiest time.
Originally Posted by ThePirateKing View Post
Like Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat with our toris?
I'm sold, nice idea, but this would be an entirely new game,
not just a game mode.

It would fit perfectly into the current game. The hit detection, physics engine and whatnot are already there. I think it would be possible with LUA scripting in it's entirety.
I like the concept but consider the funding behind the idea you proposed. this would mean a whole new game concept or at the minimum another tab added to the start screen. but the money it would require and also the time that it will take to program/ reprogram the game then send it out in a new update has me a little skeptical. But i like the idea as a whole it would maybe even be another incentive to veterans. To provide a new totally different challenge for them to master. they can make up moves it would be like an fighting game with a infinitely large character pool and move pool.

To add to your idea Under the Tab option that would be under the main menu there should be a Single player option where the CPU is loaded with random moves that the GameMakers would load into its move pool and you can use your custom made moves or some standard moves that the Makers could add to your tori's move pool as default. There should be the Multiplayer option which is self-explanitory. Then there should be a Move Maker tab Were the Player can Make custom Moves, add hotkeys, and even Name them. When they are made they are saved to the list of moves and their hotkeys that should be accessible through the in game pause screen.

Thats my idea about how the design should go.

Also i think that the Currency for that game and the current one should be attached but not the items again giving people more of a reason to throw money at the game. They could buy things like the colors and joints that you see in the normal game but in their 2D perspectives. The player would win TC for each multyplayer win like normal but I think it should be at a smaller amount per win as to not overpower the orginal games favor like 5tc per win instead of 10 like the normal booster-less game brings. I do believe that boosters should be transferable between these two games but the boosters value is cut in half if you play the 2d version. This way It wont over power the orginal game and if it comes down to a Computer Vs Mobile thing it will even out the favor (Phones are pretty much becoming small computers).

I really dont know how it would play out but if it ever was accepted these are the ideas i would recommend. If you would like some more ideas about this because this has me intrigued just ask.
Last edited by Fates; Oct 16, 2014 at 07:28 PM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[VIBE] 2015~2016 | Team Pokemon | [Origin] 2014~2015 | Team Aikido | [Obey] ~Because Frost Said So...