Ranking
Original Post
Incentive to fight like a man
So If you have played Wushu you might have fought against runners which sucks. I thought that if you were rewarded for winning with a bigger difference in points than your opponents points then runners would want to get points and not run. I thought you could make it so that you get more tc/qi the more points you with and a higher rank increase or decrease. Also we could have a new stat
called 'average point win difference' and 'average points loss difference.;
Originally Posted by sir View Post
That is not an insult unless you are one of these guys who raise this question monthly.

There is nothing to do about running unless you make a mod that restricts players from doing that. Moreover, there's nothing we would want to do about running in one specific type of mods because they are designed to allow that. This suggestion is the same as "let's ban all shovelers in aikido", "let's kick judo noobclappers from servers" or anything that goes to using specific moves in the game. Learn to counter them (in wushu case - learn to catch the runner or don't give him a chance to run) or don't play against those who play the way you don't want to.

True. But, you have to admit..a health bar would shift the perspective of the game significantly. From trying to get the most points to trying to kill your opponent? It's a good change for all mods. Of course games ending without "ending" your opponent will have to end in a draw or simple a round 2 with the same health bars. It's just a nice add-on which might get popular over time. It's probably easy to code too.
Your messed up world enthrills me
Originally Posted by William View Post
True. But, you have to admit..a health bar would shift the perspective of the game significantly. From trying to get the most points to trying to kill your opponent? It's a good change for all mods. Of course games ending without "ending" your opponent will have to end in a draw or simple a round 2 with the same health bars. It's just a nice add-on which might get popular over time. It's probably easy to code too.

Well that's a different suggestion, that's basically adding an auto-win condition when one of players gets some specified amount of points. Not sure about multiple rounds though.
What if there was something where if the person who is winning gets X feet away from the loser, he starts taking damage, and the farther away he gets, the more DPS he takes. This would help discourage runners, since they would have to either do a super move and then stay on the edge of the "damage circle" or just stay near the opponent.

I would suggest making an entirely different mod and playtesting it first (if it is indeed possible, that is)
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That’'s how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.
Originally Posted by sir View Post
Well that's a different suggestion, that's basically adding an auto-win condition when one of players gets some specified amount of points. Not sure about multiple rounds though.

The idea behind such addon got scrapped when the "lose-elo-points when quitting" "FEATURE" were added. We had a working script that had a player /spec/en when his or her bar reached 0. But as the elo system fucked it up the project got scrapped since it needs the autowin feature to work now, unless someone wants to toss away all his or her elo points.
Now doing recoloring for people not in the clan as-well, PM for more info!
PROUD OWNER OF THORN'S GOOD ENOUGH WRITER AWARD!
Originally Posted by hawkesnightmare View Post
What if there was something where if the person who is winning gets X feet away from the loser, he starts taking damage, and the farther away he gets, the more DPS he takes. This would help discourage runners, since they would have to either do a super move and then stay on the edge of the "damage circle" or just stay near the opponent.

I would suggest making an entirely different mod and playtesting it first (if it is indeed possible, that is)

The problem with that is that there really isn't a way for the game to figure out who is the one running. The only way I can think of doing it is having both players take damage. Even if that was implemented, then there would be the people who get more points and then run anyway because they will stay the same in terms of damage. This really wouldn't help anything.
[Team Wushu]
Pm me any questions! I will be happy to help.
Originally Posted by Smogard49 View Post
The idea behind such addon got scrapped when the "lose-elo-points when quitting" "FEATURE" were added. We had a working script that had a player /spec/en when his or her bar reached 0. But as the elo system fucked it up the project got scrapped since it needs the autowin feature to work now, unless someone wants to toss away all his or her elo points.

Well that workaround wouldn't allow playing properly as nobody would be getting QI/TC this way.

I think someone made a mod for that, or was developing it.
Not sure who it was though.
[19:59] <Lazors> man it's a good thing people don't see what i write here
If you guys do want to change wushu3 to boxshu, use boxshu_fixed, it has the ceiling glitch worked out. I'd also like to see brushu in the blackbelt wushu server.

Also, wushu is the kind of mod where it's best to play against players with the right mindset and skill level. It's quite easy to lose since a match usually boils down to 1-2 contacts max. (especially if only one of the players is able to do stuff like coming back)
Originally Posted by William View Post

this will make a good difference and solve the problem
the only part ledt to implement is 2 draws and both opponents go to the end of line.

we tried and tested it excel, and this is quite complicated question, we could not figure out how to make the equasion correctly, so in the end we scrapped this idea.

the most simple solution will be health bar solution.

i would love to see rounds for aikido type of mods for tournaments or so as i have couple of ideas there, but considering the general lack of any active developers in toribash and the fact it's been like this for 6 years, i don't think we can be any optimistic regarding features we could get.
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15