Toribash
^ well that's just 1 monitor, i thought u needed 2+. cpu is overkill, you should settle for an i5, upgrade your ram to 32gb, take out the kingston ssd and get a 1tb ssd rather. that should be plenty enough (too much tbh) if you're only gaming on a 1080p screen. Plus nzxt s340 elite if you wanna sexy case.
Give me toriprime and VIP ops. TY TY
Originally Posted by Smaguris View Post
I won't give actual suggestions on parts, but don't overspend mate.

To start with, 16-24 GB ram is enough to last you years and years without having to get more, and you can upgrade to more whenever you need.

You don't need an i7 7700k or i7 8700k for gaming, it's just extreme waste of money unless you're gonna do some professional and highly demanding tasks on your machine. It could definitely be spent in better ways considering you want 3 monitors.

SSDs are definitely superior so if you have the budget go for all SSD, but other than that consider practicality of your build. You really don't need those components for casual use, such as gaming, and it's just a massive waste of money. Bragging rights aside, 1080ti and i7 7700k won't bring you any increase in performance compared to regular 1080 and i7 6700K.

Of course it's just my outlook on the situation. If you feel like you want the best possible components and you don't really care about performance/cost ratio then by all means go for whatever you like.

If he wants to play demanding games at 144hz he's going to need it. Also hate to burst your bubble but i7-6700k is actually more expensive than an i7-8700k.

Same goes for the i7-7700k which is actually cheaper than the i7-6700k
Why pay more for less performance? Really like your logic!

-----
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
If you like recording, you're going to be wanting to use more of everything. I mean, you're spending $3k, might as well just give into the 32 GB RAM. It's not THAT Much more expensive when you consider how big your budget is already.

Just something extra that popped into my head, if you use your CPU to encode your streams and/or recordings it may cause some lag. Some may disagree with me but even on my GTX 1050 SC, encoding recordings and streaming using my GPU through OBS works much better than my 8 GB of RAM and Intel i5. xD

i5 is notoriously bad for streaming + playing cpu intensive games which is why I've suggested getting an i7-8700k anyways, its only $50 more than the i7-7700k and is better than Ryzen slightly when it comes to gaming performance even though Ryzen is better at multitasking/streaming/encoding
Last edited by DruggedPanda; Jun 13, 2018 at 10:16 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SmallBowl] [fallu] [Moop] [Parrot] [SkulFuk] [Icky] [Sassy]
[Ex-MSquad]
Need help with any market related questions? Feel free to PM ME. <Powas> I've got a degree in 1001 techniques of masturbation
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
Also, you can try getting multiple SSD's in a Raid 0 configuration but for gaming that's a bit overkill.

don't do this. Raid renders all your drives useless if one fails unless you backup all your files onto seperate drives. if you really need the space, get multiple 500GB SSD's but don't raid them. sure SSD's have a significantly higher lifespan than HDD's, but the risks of Raid isn't worth it.
Got any problems or questions about computers or any other tech?Feel free to PM me any time. Lmod for Computer/Mobile Chat
Originally Posted by Kido View Post
my friend trying to help me tho on his part he did this : https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/QbKmCb

would it be worth it?

1080ti is still an overkill imo, especially since you're not even going for a 4k monitor. Switch that out for a cheaper GPU and get more monitors since you want more than one.

The PSU.. definitely an overkill for a single GPU system so I'd settle for something way cheaper.

RAM is overpriced because it's RGB, but if you want a pretty build then sure whatever. Otherwise consider cheaper solutions.

The motherboard is definitely on the cheap side considering you budget and all the other components. It's quite ugly too and it definitely looks cheap, I'd switch it out just for aesthetic reasons, but also if you're getting 1080 might as well get a good mobo.

Case is on the cheap side too. Even for my $1500 build I got a $110 full tower case and while it might be a bit of an overkill it definitely wraps everything up nicely and has very good airflow.

In conclusion the whole build is quite unbalanced and it only has 1 monitor so you should probably just scrap it as a whole. Anyone in this thread could probably come up with a way better build than this.

Originally Posted by DruggedPanda View Post
If he wants to play demanding games at 144hz he's going to need it. Also hate to burst your bubble but i7-6700k is actually more expensive than an i7-8700k.

Same goes for the i7-7700k which is actually cheaper than the i7-6700k
Why pay more for less performance? Really like your logic!

Yeah no, you can find many benchmarks which will tell you that 6700K and 8700K performs almost equally under any game even at 144hz.

I goofed up about the price though, should have probably put some research beforehand but oh well, the point was that some parts are overkill.
Last edited by Smaguris; Jun 14, 2018 at 12:03 AM.
on another note, i need to buy a new keyboard and a new mouse aswell, i was thinking maybe corsair k95 but im not so sure about the mouse, so far im using my razer naga but im looking for a simplier design such as deathadder , any suggestions?
no u

Originally Posted by Kido View Post
on another note, i need to buy a new keyboard and a new mouse aswell, i was thinking maybe corsair k95 but im not so sure about the mouse, so far im using my razer naga but im looking for a simplier design such as deathadder , any suggestions?

Deathadders are great until they stop working, you could go for a Logitech G603 though, pretty much the same design and they're not made by Razer which means it'll last longer than 6 months. It comes in a wireless version too if you're in to that.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
Deathadders are great until they stop working, you could go for a Logitech G603 though, pretty much the same design and they're not made by Razer which means it'll last longer than 6 months. It comes in a wireless version too if you're in to that.

idk why people always say their razer stuff doesnt last long tho, my naga is like couple years old and it just start to break
no u