Toribash
Original Post
Sup, I need help getting TB to work on Puppy Linux
SooOoo, I'm currently building a gaming pc. And the current temporary pc I have is just good enough to play Toribash with max graphics under Windows Xp. However I wanted to return to my Linux roots, so I installed Puppy Linux on this computer. (I would've went with Ubuntu or something but I honestly prefer pup). Anyway, I installed Wine, installed Toribash using wine, but when I try to run TB nothing appears at all. I click the icon and nothing happens. I try going to my wine directory and using the exe from there and still nothing. Am I missing something?
I did the same thing under Ubuntu and it worked flawlessly. Someone help me out?

Cheers.
Neither Reason Nor Sense
If you can't open the application with wine or similar, then you messed up on that stage;
Try re-wining it, make sure you can wine something else if you're new to it, make sure drivers function acceptably well.
Now doing recoloring for people not in the clan as-well, PM for more info!
PROUD OWNER OF THORN'S GOOD ENOUGH WRITER AWARD!
Step 1 - Make sure your *nix distro has the proper GLX drivers for your GPU installed (not the OSS ones, they suck)

Step 2 - Kill Compiz or any other GLX based desktop crap, it makes 3D games run slow as hell (providing they can even render since it takes priority). Use a normal desktop backend, you'll find that your machine will perform faster in general without the bloat chewing resources.

Step 3 - Prod the WINE config (hopefully your distro has included an app for that, otherwise you're stuck editing text files)
Make sure WINE is set to not emulate hardware shaders, and depending on how the distro works you may also have to set WINE to run apps in window mode. The latter is a rarity, but it can and does happen.

Step 4 - WINE tricks, get it, install them. It has various Windoze libs etc that some games/apps need to work correctly.

Step 5 - bitch & moan at hampa to get a *nix native version made ;)

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you