Ranking
a wee bit of inactivity going on lately
@lazors, IS THIS THE WEIRD 80'S AGAIN, really strange having that generic beat and such with the japanese lyrics. for some reason I like it? or do I?

the side projects from vocalists are usually pretty amazing (although skilled members of a band can also regularly be amazing in their own stuff, although less recognised coughgrahamcoxoncough)

emily haines remains to be one of the only vocalists I can listen to.
(the music starts at 0:20 by the way)
Last edited by Skylar; Jul 3, 2015 at 10:40 PM.
[19:59] <Lazors> man it's a good thing people don't see what i write here
Skylar: pretty nice, although i dont think i like the key change too much. i think the initial melody before 0:55 was up my alley. to be honest though, i got somewhat used to the key changes and they didnt bother me that much. i guess i just dont agree with them, even though they are not bad in any way.
vocals are pretty nice, i like breathy vocals (not in pop though for some reason). i liked the video aswell

im not gonna do weekend shuffle on this post because that would make it too big

question: what is the densest album you've listened to?
densest as in most difficult to enjoy/get used to. sometimes it is really hard to like an album unless you listen to it like 10 times. i feel like the reward for doing so is greater than it is for an usual great album though.

mine is definitely Aphex Twin - drukQs. super hard to like at first, especially considering that it doesn't seem to break any new ground for richard. however that idea went away for me after i forced myself to listen to it a bunch of times. if you read the reviews for the album when it first came out it is almost funny, but if you ask anyone this album is considered pretty good now

my favourite track from the album. sounds like an ultra fast dnb beat with acid rave synth plastered all over. becomes less ravey at 2:18 if you wish to skip the first part. i tend to think that pop music is really catchy but gets old fast, and one thing unique about this album for me is that sounds like pop, as in it has tons of appeal, but it does not get old at all. before i even liked this album i thought it was just a really drowned out version of rejected Analord volumes
oh yeah
Originally Posted by pusga View Post
Skylar: pretty nice, although i dont think i like the key change too much. i think the initial melody before 0:55 was up my alley. to be honest though, i got somewhat used to the key changes and they didnt bother me that much. i guess i just dont agree with them, even though they are not bad in any way.
vocals are pretty nice, i like breathy vocals (not in pop though for some reason). i liked the video aswell

im not gonna do weekend shuffle on this post because that would make it too big

question: what is the densest album you've listened to?
densest as in most difficult to enjoy/get used to. sometimes it is really hard to like an album unless you listen to it like 10 times. i feel like the reward for doing so is greater than it is for an usual great album though.

mine is definitely Aphex Twin - drukQs. super hard to like at first, especially considering that it doesn't seem to break any new ground for richard. however that idea went away for me after i forced myself to listen to it a bunch of times. if you read the reviews for the album when it first came out it is almost funny, but if you ask anyone this album is considered pretty good now

my favourite track from the album. sounds like an ultra fast dnb beat with acid rave synth plastered all over. becomes less ravey at 2:18 if you wish to skip the first part. i tend to think that pop music is really catchy but gets old fast, and one thing unique about this album for me is that sounds like pop, as in it has tons of appeal, but it does not get old at all. before i even liked this album i thought it was just a really drowned out version of rejected Analord volumes

Nice question, I think mine (it's not an album tho, just a song) would be this :

At first, I found the drop gross af, then I started liking it for some reason, damn you Sparky >___>
Wolololololo
Name: Lekë
GMT:+1?
Favorite genre of music: Trap, Dubtep And Everything with a bass on it
Least favorite genre of music: Country and Jazz
Favorite music artist: Aero Chord
Least favorite music artist: N/A Atm
Favorite music sharing website:www.youtube.com
One example of your favorite music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXXPNHfD-VI
Originally Posted by DeakManiac View Post
Name: YungRichBoi (YRBfilms)
GMT: -6 Central
Favorite genre of music: Rap/R&B, and only 2 rock bands, Kid rock and 3 Days Grace
Least favorite genre of music: Country/Blues
Favorite music artist: Future for rap/r&b, rock= Kid Rock
Least favorite music artist: Justin Bieber
Favorite music sharing website: https://www.youtube.com but if that doesn't count, it'll be Hulkshare.com
One example of your favorite music:

Anything on this?
X|Twitter: @YRBWrld |-| FB: @YRBWrldFP
Discord: Discord Me
@sr, oh, okay, i don't even know.
@pusga, I have heard alot of good things about aphex twin, and that song is frantic as hell, but, oddly enjoyable during the first two minutes, however the parts at about the 3 minute mark feels strangely magestic and beautiful like an ocean wave current, however when the fast tapping starts again, it kind of ruins the moment. still, I found it enjoyable upon first listen.

SHUFFLE SOMEDAY?

also in response to pusga's question, i would say the first gorillaz album, since it was a whole host of different types of music and wasn't really meant to be a success and merely an experimentation by damon albarn, however it did become inciting although some tracks I can today still not listen to. I also like the hiphop and other genre samples used by albarn in these albums too, they work in a certain way that appeals to me.

I do prefer the second album of gorillaz, and it was much easier to get into, however these old sounds are a nice change every once in a while I listen to them.

EDIT: okay so we had two people posting stuff while I wrote this okay
@Subz3, no idea what to recommend you, the only bass I like is the instrument, still pretty sure if you ask someone else they'll be able to discuss something.
@deak, pretty sure we accepted you, however we can't change the first post since the op doesn't do much here anymore, however once (/if) we get official we'll have much more control over that.
Last edited by Skylar; Jul 6, 2015 at 05:31 PM.
[19:59] <Lazors> man it's a good thing people don't see what i write here
Well i love the bass and the instrument, if they combine well together that in my ears makes it a good song . The one i included was with mostly the instrument
haven't really listened to music for a while because I didn't enjoy it anymore, was looking for some new shit I liked and came across this:

strange songs are appealing to me
if you got some enjoyable ones, please share :d
cage the gargoyle
Originally Posted by Melqart View Post
haven't really listened to music for a while because I didn't enjoy it anymore, was looking for some new shit I liked and came across this:

strange songs are appealing to me
if you got some enjoyable ones, please share :d

Disclaimer: SrCheetah doesn't take responsability for any brain damage due to this song:

*Also, you might see i'm not commenting in songs, that's because my cat broke my headphones and now I have no sound at all ;~;
Wolololololo
Application
Name: PussyCrusher420
GMT: -5/East Coast!
Favorite genre of music: Hip Hop, 90's Rap, EDM
Least favorite genre of music: Modern Crap
Favorite music artist: Tupac/2pac/Makaveli
Least favorite music artist: Taylor Shit
Favorite music sharing website: Sharing's for scrubs
One example of your favorite music:
Last edited by Bercat; Jul 7, 2015 at 01:27 AM.
Stay Fluffy My Friends | I do loans and shit
Founder of [ROT] | Destroyer of Anus